Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3`s, as a matter of interest!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3`s, as a matter of interest!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester_Burnham wrote:
matb wrote:
dil, not being a detective i get easily confussed.
what are you asking people to do.
would it be that you are asking people to make their signature more informative. ie f/w they have used etc.
this being the case specific pm's could be sent with subjective questions to those with the experience.

this would work in practice but this forum did post a topic, not long ago, for this update to be done but not all did.

Aye carumba!

Next thing you know, it'll be a police state! ;-)

You have 20 seconds to comply...

;-P

crap day, sorry Embarassed
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
Lester_Burnham wrote:
matb wrote:
dil, not being a detective i get easily confussed.
what are you asking people to do.
would it be that you are asking people to make their signature more informative. ie f/w they have used etc.
this being the case specific pm's could be sent with subjective questions to those with the experience.

this would work in practice but this forum did post a topic, not long ago, for this update to be done but not all did.

Aye carumba!

Next thing you know, it'll be a police state! ;-)

You have 20 seconds to comply...

;-P

crap day, sorry Embarassed

Just a bit of dry humour, mate. Don't be sorry.

I can quite believe a crap day for you may be significantly more unpleasant than a crap day for me.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

In answer to Matb question, I`m not asking anyone to do anything mat, just noticed that a lot of people look at certain threads and that they should try " joining in" sometimes , thats it....I`ll shut up now...

Dil.

matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
thats it....I`ll shut up now...

the forum will not be the same dil Crying or Very sad
as i said crap day and should have left the forum alone.

i was trying to work out what you were after and help, not that you need it. yes i agree if everyone chipped in, with even an agree or disagree with certain comments, we could ourselfs be better informed. of course with the added bonus of meeting new people who can bring more to the party ie mr.g and his balls, ash10 and the other hackers......
i guess its like looking around ebay, for example, we dont always buy.

nice informal topic you have started though dil, a place to let our hair, if had any, down
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylegs wrote:
I still believe the best firmware version was ver 2.5 i had all the updates since the i3 was released and always reverted back to stable and reliable ver 2.5....Since then none of the firmware updates have behaved...as this forum shows....

she's gone now though but i do miss her.... Wink

but thats progress... 8)

Just out of interest, what do you have now?

I'm thinking of another sat nav at some point, and am leaning towards Navman units.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lester,i was in comet today and saw a navman (dont know what model) for only £99...might be worth o look.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick reminder that this is actually the Garmin StreetPilot forum.

Another reminder is that the i3 still rules.. 8) 8) 8)

Anyone dissatisfied with their i3... go and try something else and you'll be back in no time............GUARANTEED
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I have this topic as a sticky please Me Me Me at least it`s got people communicating which at the end of the day is what matters.

Regards....Dil

Pootle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be a good idea to give some community feeling is showing the pocketgps colours out where sat nav is used on the road? I spend a lot of time hacking up and down the countries motorways. At worst this can be 1000miles in a week.... Crying or Very sad Some sort of small discrete pocketgps window sticker. i.e. if you know what it is then all well and good else otherwise you would prob not notice it..... (or does this already exist? If so where can I order one?)

That said we could all drive up and down the motorway with Censored flags wedged in our windows..... I'm as patriotic as the next guy but slate me for saying this if you will but why is it you never see said flags on new cars.....? Its always mr private motorist trundling down the middle lane in his N reg vectra..... Maybe a little controversial this but they are the automotive equivalent of union jack boxer shorts.... please matb tell me there is some law to protect me from the army of Censored flags as I shall, from now on, refer to them.
(A)nd
(P)roud
-----------------------------------
i3, V8, V2.7, WAAS EGNOS.
Audio V2, Simpsons Voice File
-----------------------------------
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pootle wrote:
What would be a good idea to give some community feeling is showing the pocketgps colours out where sat nav is used on the road? I spend a lot of time hacking up and down the countries motorways. At worst this can be 1000miles in a week.... Crying or Very sad Some sort of small discrete pocketgps window sticker. i.e. if you know what it is then all well and good else otherwise you would prob not notice it..... (or does this already exist? If so where can I order one?)

That said we could all drive up and down the motorway with flags wedged in our windows..... I'm as patriotic as the next guy but slate me for saying this if you will but why is it you never see said flags on new cars.....? Its always mr private motorist trundling down the middle lane in his N reg vectra..... Maybe a little controversial this but they are the automotive equivalent of union jack boxer shorts.... please matb tell me there is some law to protect me from the army of flags as I shall, from now on, refer to them.

DVLA PRESS RELEASE - URGENT ATTENTION ALL POLICE FORCES.
in order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average driving ability to display a warning flag.
the flag (consisting of a red cross on a white background) will be attached to the top of at least one door of the vehicle.
for drivers of exceptionally low ability additional flags are required.
nb - a sure sign of driver inability is the use of front and/ or rear fog lights in less than seriously reduced visibility.

pootle are you implying that i should turn a blind eye perhaps to someone displaying, should we say for example, a picture of a satalite or an i3 with a smiley face. Wink
i think names should be attached as well. i could keep a "special" eye out for certain people on here. nudge, nudge Laughing eh lester.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear window stickers are available small and discrete, we gave away quite a few in Edinburgh recently, and pootle tone the langauge down a tad please, this is a site with under 18 people using it thankyou - Mike
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The rear window stickers are available small and discrete, we gave away quite a few in Edinburgh recently, and pootle tone the langauge down a tad please, this is a site with under 18 people using it thankyou - Mike

So please tell us where we can get them. The PocketGPS Gear link is for ordering from the US. Surely we can get them in the UK?
Samsung Galaxy S21
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

put a sticker in your car window with the word 'gps' on it and you might as well leave your doors and windows open for a thief to take your sat-nav....it would be better to have a 'black belt karate instructor' or simular sticker...
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
pootle are you implying that i should turn a blind eye perhaps to someone displaying, should we say for example, a picture of a satalite or an i3 with a smiley face. Wink
i think names should be attached as well. i could keep a "special" eye out for certain people on here. nudge, nudge Laughing eh lester.

Oh I'm REALLY likely to put a sticker in the window of my car, advertising that I use sat nav.

While I'm at it, I might as well leave my wallet on the dash, open, stuffed with notes, and the window wound down - save them smashing it.

In the light of todays crime levels, the attention such crimes get in response, and the most prevalently nicked item from cars, these days, have you guys REALLY thought this through?
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almahadeus wrote:
Just a quick reminder that this is actually the Garmin StreetPilot forum.

Indeed it is.

But I, for one, am interested in the opinion of somebody that's owned an i3, and either replaced it, or has used other units since. The comparison and the feedback on that sort of subject is relevant to me, because all I have to go on, at the moment, is the i3.

Now whilst I could postulate questions in forums dedicated to other models, I wouldn't likely get the same degree of comparison, and relevance given people who have, or do currently, own an i3.

Almahadeus wrote:
Another reminder is that the i3 still rules.. 8) 8) 8)

Anyone dissatisfied with their i3... go and try something else and you'll be back in no time............GUARANTEED

?

I'm not thinking of binning my i3. I'm thinking about another sat nav for my wife. Whether she will prefer to use my i3 or another to-be-decided-on, I'm not sure yet.

What I do know is that whilst I think the i3 is good for the money, I wouldn't buy another one, even if they're still tentatively available. I suspect most sat navs have flaws and issues, and it's not purely that that puts me off another i3, but other aspects, like having a bigger screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: