Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unreliable Data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unreliable Data
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakegirl,

There are now no fixed speed cameras around J36 of the M6.

However, from the back end of last year to Feb/Mar this year there were roadworks on the M6 over a large area and SPECS cameras were installed. There were a lot south of J36 and some more north of J36.

If you have installed the cameras by type you will know what type of camera they are.

There are a few mobile sites along the M6 in this area.

Incidentally: There are only a few fixed speed cameras in Cumbria, most are mobiles.

Update your database and install the speed zoned set so you know what type of camera may be about and what speed it is monitoring.

DeeSee
smstextaddict
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever a new database comes out I will check the new locations near me to make sure the speed limit is correct and find out if there really is a cash machine generator (mobile or not) there. I will then report back to the database with the information if it needs changing or ammending in anyway.

I will also add new cameras and mobile locations as and when i come across them, i have found some cameras to be up to 200yds out, but these tend to be mobile scamera van sites.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeSee wrote:
Lakegirl,

There are now no fixed speed cameras around J36 of the M6.

However, from the back end of last year to Feb/Mar this year there were roadworks on the M6 over a large area and SPECS cameras were installed. There were a lot south of J36 and some more north of J36.

If you have installed the cameras by type you will know what type of camera they are.

There are a few mobile sites along the M6 in this area.

Incidentally: There are only a few fixed speed cameras in Cumbria, most are mobiles.

Update your database and install the speed zoned set so you know what type of camera may be about and what speed it is monitoring.

DeeSee
Having driven that way on Friday, I confirm there are no erroneous cameras near J36. The only camera notified was the mobile on J36 and lo & behold, there they were! There was one of the Temps left above J37 and I've recorded that for deletion.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: