Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audiobooks with 910?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audiobooks with 910?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Have you managed to get the audiobooks working when in the car properly...........
Is yours working better than this
It works fine with no problems once you install the software on the PC and figure out what to do with the web site you actually download from, it doesn't matter which holder I use or even standalone in the office it works - no greyed out icon - Mike
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wierd

I have been listening to an audiobook in the car all morning no problem

Brought TT910 it in the house it was fine, put it in the home dock, did a transfer removed it from the dock and now I went to play an audiobook again and its greyed out, can only see the songs now,

Only way to cure it, Put it in the home dock, Start TomTom Home, Start Audible Manager, and click refresh device, now when I remove it from the home dock, it rescans and finds the audiobooks again,

It really seems hit and miss when they are there which is annoying as if they vanish during a trip there is no way to get them back without doing a Home Dock!!

Cheers

Richard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Only way to cure it, Put it in the home dock, Start TomTom Home, Start Audible Manager, and click refresh device, now when I remove it from the home dock, it rescans and finds the audiobooks again
My Audio Books disapeared this morning!!! having tried the above advice they have re-appeared, thanks for the tip, the only thing I had done last night was to add a few more mp3 files to the device, looks like that upset it, will try this again later to see if I can provoke the device into the fail mode - Mike
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking it may be removing the unit from the car dock whist playing and turning it off, I have avoided doing that today by letting the unit power on and off with the car ignition, and it has worked OK, I think I had the problem when I pulled the unit from the car dock whilst it was powered on

I will try that again later and see if I can screw it up again!

Once the bug canbe tied down its easy to avoid!
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried everything! In the mount, out of the mount ..... you name it, I've done it. Reset a million times, activated the 910 on numerous occasions with Audible Manager, reinstalled Audio Manager, downloaded a number of books each time making sure they've been transferred to my 910 etc etc etc but no matter what I do that bl**dy Audiobooks icon remains greyed out!!! AAARRRGGHHH!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of Audible Manager have you got installed on the PC? - not too sure if this is relevent but it might be worth checking. My PC has version 5.0.0.5 loaded (click the Help on the task bar from within the application, then click "About" to display the version).

The other thing I have noticed when I got it working again, I reselected the book I was listening to and the unit displayed "An Error occured during playback", but it started the book from the last place saved?

Added somemore mp3 to the device and it still works, so my previous idea doesn't hold water! - Mike
jaycr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, Yes I have that version too. Maybe I'll just learn to read instead!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: