Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Un-verified camera locations.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Un-verified camera locations.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuppe wrote:
Sorry to backtrack a little but I've submitted changes and additions to the database in the past but not received a single confirmation.

The problem is that I'll probably end up paying even though I have contributed prior to the cutoff.

If these were emailed updates then I would be very surprised if I had missed them all. As I have posted elsewhere I do try to acknowledge all updates sent to cameras @ pocketgpsworld.com

Richard
Liam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,

I appreciate that your views are entirely your own and not those of PGPSW which is why I posted on the forum.

With regard to rural fixed or mobile cameras- could these be verified by submitting a link to that county's safety camera partnership website showing the camera location?

Until a formal process is set up, how about a thread where we could post new or removed camera locations so that the verification process can be quicker. It's all about getting the database as accuate as possible after all.

Suerly it's justy a case of having a seperate download with a different bitmap?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Safety camera locations Reply with quote

[quote="Liam"]Richard,

With regard to rural fixed or mobile cameras- could these be verified by submitting a link to that county's safety camera partnership website showing the camera location?

[quote]

Liam, I picked up on your mention of 'County's Safety Camera Partnership' (as above) in your last post. Most interesting as I did not know these web sites, such as this example http://www.essexsafetycameras.co.uk/cameras_page_01.html
existed.
From my home county site I have now located even more locations in my home town.
I wonder how many other Forum members were as ignorant as me. Anyway, now they should know and be able to locate all of their local camera locations. Pity the information does not include the precise Long/Lat coordinates Exclamation
Liam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verifying fixed cameras in this way is easy... check the PGPSW database against those shown in your areas Safety Camera website. Any that aren't shown in the database can be easily added by submitting the exact long / lat by using Steetmap.co.uk and verified by adding a link to the safety camera partnerships website.
However, I like some guidance on whether all mobile camera locations be submitted or only those where a mobile van has been spotted.

The main problem is temporary cameras in such places as roadworks. Not only are these not shown on the safety camera websites, they are only there for short periods of time so you are more likely to get caught out by them. (The ones I mentioned in the beging of this thread will probably be gone by the begining of March.) Hopefully PGPSW can come up with a system for quickly submitting and verifying such cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: