Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 300: About updating from 4.42 to something else
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 300: About updating from 4.42 to something else
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps maps and more maps

I've only just joined the party and already I feel lost with all this update to this map , update to that map.

Ive since got hold of the seller. They dont have the CD etc....They got it off some1 else blah blah. I can get my money back tho...Im just thinking to myself, A: How much is a Go Classic worth, becasue I paid £150 (Thinking it was a Go300) If Ive paid to much for it by 2days standards (competition etc) then i think i will get my money back

B: Any Great Britain Map users of Version390 either still using it or since upgraded to V5, How did you find it...How much have the roads/routes improved (if you'v upgraded) Features aside, Is the map that far ahead from v390. Liek ive said, Ive found all the spots Ive navigated to thus far but have since begun o search for randon addresses or 1's of friends. I was considering a trip up to Birmingham form london untill I couldnt even find the street. Can any1 let me know if Warley Hall Road B68 comes up?! in new maps than the classic V390

Ermmmm, finally, what would YOU do if you were me?!?!! Ive no experience with these things so I dont know what im missing or can do without for the money ive spent etc Embarassed
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I coped OK for a year with V314 Maps. I remember there was a problem with the M6, and of course the M6 Toll wasn't even shown.

For the £150 you've spent and, if you factor in a new Map of GB from TT at 99 Euros (about £65), that would be about £215. The Classic is a good Device, it just doesn't do Traffic/Bluetooth. Not a problem to me. Smile About the same as a discounted 300!

I haven't got the Older Maps to hand at the moment but Warley Hall Road is just off the Wolverhampton Road, about 1 mile from the M5 and is on the new Maps.

You could put the Postcode into www.multimap.com and print the map of the area.

The problem with older Maps are that they show even less new roads than the new Maps.

What I did was buy the Maps of Western Europe (6 CD's) and use that as my upgrade path. My reason the upgrade last year was £60+, for GB SD Card, and the MOWE upgrade was only £40. It might be dearer now, but will cost me less in the long run, with the added benefit of having the Maps on CD as well.

I also didn't end up collecting 128MB SD Cards.8O

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate has a classic and wanted full postcode search.
If I add the zip folder and an empty tomtom folder to his card will that do the trick? (He asks expecting the answer no) :D
Also will Tomtom 5 maps work on a classic?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. V5 Maps work on a Classic, as mine does.

The Postcodes are in a Zip File and it doesn't need an empty TomTom Folder. That's for PDA's.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
korndog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what your saying is he will get full postcode search if I add the zip folder, or it already there to give partial postcode search.
Tommyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
To qualify for a Reduced Cost Map Upgrade, you need to know the Product Code for your Current Maps. That is a 15 digit alphanumeric code in 3 sets of 5 digits.

Have you got a Product Code? If not can you get it from the seller?

If you can the Upgrade Map would only be about £60.

I can upgrade for 40 quid right (Tom Tom plus blah blah)???! Either way, I think I'll take your advice and sit tight till may and see what the 'Gods' bless us with interms of an update etc

Whatever happened to the postcode file that I shud be able to use on my current but old map. Word has it that TomTom released it as part of an error when they didnt include it in the V5 map (free)

Any love in the room?!?!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: