Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sysonchip CF Plus II stopped working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sysonchip CF Plus II stopped working
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Welcome to the forum, when you have been viewing the data in the GPRMC line and are just seeing comas where are you actually sat, take the unit outside into a clear space and wait for at least 30 mins, if its still the same I am afraid it sounds like its shot - Mike
Budgie39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

Mike's suggestion when mine wasn't working, was to leave it outside for a while to get a fix, so I left it outside for a couple of hours and it still wouldn't fix on anything. I was starting to think mine was shot but I then changed the baud rate to 38400 and it breathed into life (even though the recommended baud rate is 4800, if I remember correctly). However, recently, it wouldn't work on 38400 so I reduced it to 4800 and it's worked fine ever since. Mike's suggestion, about loading the TT3 driver to swap the unit back to NMEA ,was a good idea - have you tried that?
Have you also done a reset to factory setting of the SysOn receiver? Might be worth a go to start afresh so to speak. You can do that via the SysOn driver I think.
clsxl16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Neil,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've done a factory reset to the unit and just been to a wide open space with no buildings or trees but still cannot get a fix. I left the unit for well over half an hour and using GPS Viewer can see that a fix is obtained intermiitently to 3 sometimes 4 satellites but it will not obtain a permanent fix. The commas are no longer in the GPRMC line so the receiver appears to be receiving the required data but won't fix. Changing the baud rate gives the same results. I've also tried swapping to SIRF and back to NMEA. My next step is to get a friend to try it in their 2210. If it doesn't work in that either then I'll be buying a new receiver I think Crying or Very sad
Budgie39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

The fact that it is picking up satellites is a good sign, even if it's not getting a permanent fix (which could be caused by external factors such as atmospheric conditions etc)! Mine didn't pick anything up for ages and I left it in the garden for about two hours, it was only after I changed the baud rate to 38400 that it finally breathed into life!!
A good idea to try it in your friend's 2210. Let us know whether it works or not. If it doesn't, mail SysOn because they offered to replace mine free of charge if it was faulty. I must admit, now it's working it's a superb piece of kit, better even than the wired TomTom one I was using previously and that was pretty good. The only downside is it can take a while to fix if it hasn't been used for some time.

Let us know how you get on.
clsxl16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got to try it out in my friend's 2210. And no surprise exactly the same happened. He then leant me his TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver just so i could double check my Ipaq was ok and, no surprise there either, it worked fine. I was about to return it to him and put my receiver up for sale for spare on Ebay when I decided to try one more thing.

At lunchtime today I got TomTom Navigator receiving a fixed signal using the TomTom GPS bluetooth, closed the application, plugged in my CF GPS, ran Navigator again and within a few minutes had a fix to 4 satellites. Then did the same using Winfast Navigator and got 6 fixed satellites. Got home tonight and checked by using only my CF and although it took a while I got a fix. :D

So everything seems to be ok now. I will be testing it out a journey tomorrow but will be taking my book of maps with me just in case. Wink

I'll let you know how it goes and will keep my fingers crossed.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are up and running, just a word of caution, make sure you have closed down the other GPS related applications on the PDA before starting up a new one, quite often these can hog the com port and the newley launched program cannot see any GPS related data. Go to start/ Settings, System tab, Memory icon then running programs tab and select "Stop All" button if there are any apps running - Mike
clsxl16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm that I used the receiver in the car for a journey and everything is now working ok :D.
Thanks for all your help and advice.
Steve
Budgie39
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Steve. Well done for persevering! Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: