Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot6 Add stop by map & track
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot6 Add stop by map & track
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to check with other users that the street name display of CP 6 is as inadequate as I thought. Thanks to BMWBiker for confirming this.

This reinforces my belief that ALK need to press on and, within weeks rather than months, produce a major patch so that CP 6 users can benefit not only from the fixes that have been produced for some CP 5 bugs, but also from some proper thought about the usability of the product. If this is done then as I keep saying, this is, in my opinion, potentially THE navigator.

Progressing on, then, I will now mention one more feature that potentially makes Copilot stand head and shoulders above most others. Again, it has to do with route reviewing and planning. It is the pre-planning facility that exists in the PPC version of CP 6 (and which complements the one on the Desktop PC, already described). There is a dedicated Planning mode, in which one can stay until the route, which can include 10 waypoints, is fully planned. Unlike with some other Navigators, The route can quickly be recalculated and displayed after each stop.

What a pity that such a great facility has itself not been fully developed. For there is no ready means of reviewing the route so far calculated after each stop is put in. There appears to be no choice but laboriously to scroll, pan and zoom until the route near the point(s) in question is displayed. Similarly, there appears to be no means of jumping to the present cursor position in a window that also shows the route.

Again, I appeal for an early patch to address some of these concerns.

There is more, but before I move on, could I once more raise a question in case I am missing something. Does anyone please know of facilities in CP 6 that solve or mitigate the above difficulties?
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: