Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT wired does not work in the mornings?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT wired does not work in the mornings?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xda"]
floody wrote:
If the green light is on pregnantly you have a problem with the GPS receiver.

If its on pregnantly you have more than a problem with the receiver. A Freudian slip?
floody
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
You say the green light is on, it should not be on continuously but should be flashing on and off about once every second indication that it can see the satellites and has a fix. If the green light is on pregnantly you have a problem with the GPS receiver.

But this is the whole problem the green light stays permanently on in the mornings (I don't get any fixes) & then in the afternoon it does flash every few seconds (I get about 7-8 fixes).
Hence the title of this topic "Tom Tom wired does not work in the mornings?"
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if as you say you have fix in the afternoon, when you reach home you should still have a green flashing led. if you are leaving it powered up overnight and it has a full view of the sky it should still be flashing green the following morning. Mine does.
If I park over night in the under ground car park the GPS will change to flashing red as it cant receive a fix and will still be flashing red in the morning but change to flashing green when I come out into the open. It never goes to the green being permanently on and I have had mine for 2 years now.
The led will either flash red when searching for a fix or flash green when it has one.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
floody
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
The led will either flash red when searching for a fix or flash green when it has one.

We might be getting somewhere now, my led has never flashed red. When I arrive home you are correct in that my LED is still flashing green, yet when I get into my car in the morning it is a constant green light. I'm not parking underground or obscuring the signal in anyway.

Does this mean my device is faulty as it has never flashed red when it can't get a fix. I thought the constant green light was normal!!

In light of this can you recommend me a bluetooth GPS, I've been looking at the TT5 & the BT-338.

Thanks.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floody wrote:
Does this mean my device is faulty as it has never flashed red when it can't get a fix. I thought the constant green light was normal!!

It's certainly not behaving as it should, I would suspect it's on the way out.
Just looked out the window and I can see mine still flashing green from when I parked the car yesterday afternoon with power still on the reciever and my XDA II sat in the cradle up stairs connected to the PC.

Quote:
In light of this can you recommend me a bluetooth GPS, I've been looking at the TT5 & the BT-338.

Thanks.

Not having used a BT reciever, I would check the forums to see what others are using with your make of PDA without any problems.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
floody
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update on the situation with my Wired TT. After thinking it was on it's way out I bought a BT-338 (WOW) but decided to leave my Wired plugged in all the time to see if anything happened.
Guess what......it works. Laughing I decided to try it a week later & I got a fix within 10secs (in the morning) & it never lost them all day.

The only problem I've got now is that I don't need it anymore Crying or Very sad

So if anyone is having the same problems, just try leaving it plugged in non-stop to see if it cures it.
mixer25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Ipaq 2210 Same... Reply with quote

Hi

I had this exact problem with a 2210 IPAQ and TT3, when I updated TT3 to latest version it corrected itself and worked fine...

Now I got a 4150 I got other problems :O(

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: