Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audible Alerts for POI's - Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audible Alerts for POI's - Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramh2o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz

thank you for your prompt reply, I wasn't asking for a customization, merely pointing out the fact that 'gatso' is the only one of the warnings that has retained 'bing bong' in the sounds, no, not not a customisation just a request to drop the 'bin bong 'period, in the current data.chk files

Regards Peter
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, earlier in this thread I linked to where you can create your own warning sounds, and change the warning text labels that appear), if you want to drop the Bing Bong use the POIExtend to extract the warning sound, change it from a .OGG to .wav file type, then use an audio editor (Nero or similar) to cut the bit you don't want. Save the "new" file and convert it back to .OGG, then replace the existing warning with the new one using POIExtend - this probably sounds like alot of messing around but it shouldn't take too long - Mike
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Peter, earlier in this thread I linked to where you can create your own warning sounds, and change the warning text labels that appear), if you want to drop the Bing Bong use the POIExtend to extract the warning sound, change it from a .OGG to .wav file type, then use an audio editor (Nero or similar) to cut the bit you don't want. Save the "new" file and convert it back to .OGG, then replace the existing warning with the new one using POIExtend - this probably sounds like alot of messing around but it shouldn't take too long - Mike

POIExtend only works on Legacy Versions of Tom Tom Go you can change every sound BUT the Bing Bing Gatso and one of the others unfortuanatly its that exact one that everyone dispises.
ramh2o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, to hibrow for me, i'll wait until Ray Flans Liz walker comes out for version 5.42

Yes unplugged it is the Bing Bong that I hate most, I'm sure the earlier data.chk file i had with version 5.2 didn't have any bings and bongs.
Why is it so difficult to remove? In plain english please!
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is possible to make a new sound file in v5.402 using POI Extend.

You can also change some of the voices for example I changed the Liz one so when she says AT the roundabout to use the softer "at" and got rid of "At the roundabout bear left" and changed it to "at the roundabout turn left" but thats just personal preference the strong AT was rearlly annoying me Laughing

You can also make a Liz Walker warning sound (dont try to add more then the standard 15 or change the text) but as I previously said you cant seem to get rid of the Bing Bong Gatso.
ramh2o
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unplugged
Ray flannagens liz walker dat.chk file for 5.42 is now available, and it is great, not a bing bong in site or an american accent, I only asked what everybody else wanted, not too much I would have thought.
Thanks again everybody[/quote]
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you friendly lot. With clear instructions I changed the old bells and gongs with a more human sound. Thanks again. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: