Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does TT5 Work with CF Gps Reciever
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does TT5 Work with CF Gps Reciever
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neillyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is they are not turning blue yet - how many bars have to cross the line - is it now five. I know it used to be only three on TT3 Question
petchy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I got my Sysonchip CF Reciever the otherday from globalpositioningsystems.

Works like a dream with my FS Pocket Loox 610.

Soon as i got ity, plugged it in, straight in the car and took about a minute to fix to a satellite.

The other day i used it to get home from work (just as a test) and sat on my drive it was locked into 8 Satellites!!

Usually takes between 30secs and 1.30mins to lock to a satellite!
neillyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive decided to order a Globestat BC-307 and ive put the rikaline on ebay starting at a fiver - its no good to me with the new setup.

Fingers xssed for the 307 :D
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW wrote:
I can tell as fact and based upon hands-on experience, the CF Haicom 302 and 303's (be it with Sirf-II or with the cheaper Evermore) both with perfectly using either Loox600 (not on compatibility list) and Acer N10 (not on compatibility list either) and TT5. This includes the older non-foldable models too.

Also, the Sirf-II's from Rikaline have no problems working on a TT5+Acer N10 combo.

Hey KW, can you tell me what SD card your using for map storage on your Acer N10? I have the same pocket PC with the sysonchip receiver but i get terrible lag. I'm wondering if it's due to slow map transfer on the SD card? The receiver seems like the mutts nutts picking up usually 7- 8 sats on average and i've even seen 10 or 11 sats on ocassions which suprises me why i'm lagging between my actual position and where Tom Tom says i'm at...usually a couple of seconds behind? I'm going to see if i can get a freebee fast SD card from one of our suppliers to see if that helps......... perks of the IT industry Smile

I'd just be interested to hear what sort you are running (make and capacity + free capacity)?

Cheers
Darren
KW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savin wrote:
KW wrote:
I can tell as fact and based upon hands-on experience, the CF Haicom 302 and 303's (be it with Sirf-II or with the cheaper Evermore) both with perfectly using either Loox600 (not on compatibility list) and Acer N10 (not on compatibility list either) and TT5. This includes the older non-foldable models too.

Also, the Sirf-II's from Rikaline have no problems working on a TT5+Acer N10 combo.

Hey KW, can you tell me what SD card your using for map storage on your Acer N10? I have the same pocket PC with the sysonchip receiver but i get terrible lag. I'm wondering if it's due to slow map transfer on the SD card? The receiver seems like the mutts nutts picking up usually 7- 8 sats on average and i've even seen 10 or 11 sats on ocassions which suprises me why i'm lagging between my actual position and where Tom Tom says i'm at...usually a couple of seconds behind? I'm going to see if i can get a freebee fast SD card from one of our suppliers to see if that helps......... perks of the IT industry Smile

I'd just be interested to hear what sort you are running (make and capacity + free capacity)?

Cheers
Darren

Hmmm... I don't think it's the SD card posing you that problem. My bro-in-law has that N10, and he's using a very cheap "ExtremeTech" SD card (512MB), but he has no lag. I've used several pretty low budget SD cards (SimpleTech, Kingston, Apacer) on various devices (Yakumo Delta 300, Acer N35, Yakumo Alpha 300) and don't have have any problems with lagging.

On the other hand, there are quite a lot of people reporting lag problems induced by the GPS receiver itself (on the German forums, it's either that, or the POI problem, or the "My Bloody Yakumo DeltaX won't fix any Sats".

In case you don't trust the speed of your N10, why don't you download "Xcpuscalar" and push your N10 up to 400Mhz, see if it makes any difference ? (my bro-in-law uses that program constantly, pushing his 300Mhz machine to 400Mhz, so it COULD be I'm comparing apples with oranges).

Take Care,
KW
KW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, and just to make the info complete.

My friend uses an old Loox600 (400Mhz) with a Haicom 303 CF card. No substantial lag.

My bro-in-law uses his N10, most of the time OC'ed to 400Mhz, and has a Rikaline 6021 CF card, no more lag then when using TT3.

The Yakumo Delta 300 has a build-in Nema thingy, based upon a SirfII chip, and runs at 300Mhz. No lag.

The various N35's and Alpha's run Samsung 266Mhz cpus, and use a pretty cheap GPS chipset (name escapes me right now), and wouldn't you know, no lag.
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW wrote:
By the way, and just to make the info complete.

My friend uses an old Loox600 (400Mhz) with a Haicom 303 CF card. No substantial lag.

My bro-in-law uses his N10, most of the time OC'ed to 400Mhz, and has a Rikaline 6021 CF card, no more lag then when using TT3.

The Yakumo Delta 300 has a build-in Nema thingy, based upon a SirfII chip, and runs at 300Mhz. No lag.

The various N35's and Alpha's run Samsung 266Mhz cpus, and use a pretty cheap GPS chipset (name escapes me right now), and wouldn't you know, no lag.

Hey thanks for the info, thats brilliant. Just out of intrest & i know it's off topic slightly but how does one over clock an N10? I really know very little about pocket PCs.
I'll try the SD card first and hope but if not then i'll crank it up?

cheers
Darren
KW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google around for "XcpuScalar". I'm not sure there's a test version around anymore, but there used to be a free limited trial version.

It works brilliantly on an N10 : all N10's I've had in my hands so far were capable of perfect stable 400Mhz operation, and this speed increase IS noticable.

Another nifty thing with XcpuScalar is that you can use it to prolong your battery life : it lets you decide at which cpu load the PDA should switch to what speed. Hence you can do stuff like :

Cpu load < 25% --> 100 Mhz
Cpu load 25~50 --> 200 Mhz
Cpu load 50~75 --> 300 Mhz
Cpu load > 75% ---> 400 Mhz

I swear, this works, and it works bloody brilliant. Most Loox 600's will scale to 472 Mhz, some even to 500.
KW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worth noting : on the German boards, a lot of people state their lag diminished significantly after updating to 5.1. There's no mentioning of this in the changelog at TT, but heck, why not try that ?

Take Care,
KW
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW wrote:
Google around for "XcpuScalar". I'm not sure there's a test version around anymore, but there used to be a free limited trial version.

It works brilliantly on an N10 : all N10's I've had in my hands so far were capable of perfect stable 400Mhz operation, and this speed increase IS noticable.

Another nifty thing with XcpuScalar is that you can use it to prolong your battery life : it lets you decide at which cpu load the PDA should switch to what speed. Hence you can do stuff like :

Cpu load < 25% --> 100 Mhz
Cpu load 25~50 --> 200 Mhz
Cpu load 50~75 --> 300 Mhz
Cpu load > 75% ---> 400 Mhz

I swear, this works, and it works bloody brilliant. Most Loox 600's will scale to 472 Mhz, some even to 500.

Hey KW,

I managed to get a trial download. Your right it works great and is well recomended. Also very simple to use. However it did not resolve my issue with lag in TomTom. The program does work though and i proved this by trying a pocket pc game that required a mimimum spec 400mhz processor. Guess what, the game ran fine so overclocking works and the pocket PC is stable?

I think next step is to try the compactflash receiver in my dads hp2200 and see if there is any lag between that pocket PC & the receiver?

Cheers for your help and sorry for so many questions.
Darren
Savin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW wrote:
Also worth noting : on the German boards, a lot of people state their lag diminished significantly after updating to 5.1. There's no mentioning of this in the changelog at TT, but heck, why not try that ?

Take Care,
KW

Do you mean updating to TomTom 5? Or is there a patch 5.1?

Also can you send me a link to the German boards so i can have a read through?

Cheers again Wink
Darren
KiwiGuy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KW wrote:

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me figure out my current problem with TT5...

I'm using a Haicom 303E CF card (plugged into the PDA, not via the bluetooth slipper). My PDA is a Toshiba e805. TT5 can get a signal from the 303E and thus work (sometimes the signal takes about a minute, other times it can take 5-10 minutes or longer - never had that problem with TT3 but that is not my main concern here).

The problem is that the row of satellite "bars" at the bottom of the TT5 display don't work - I think they are supposed to fill up depending on how many satellites are in use, but mine all stay empty. If I click on them so that the routing page comes up with that satellite column on the right-hand side, that also says "no satellites" - yet at the same time TT5 *is* getting a good satellite feed from the 303E and is able to work fine.

This isn't a huge problem but it would be really great to have TT5 telling me how many satellites are actually in use so that I can see when I have a weaker signal or not.

I've had this problem with TT 5.0 and also with the new 5.1 patch - no difference.

I've tried reconfiguring the GPS device but that doesn't help (selecting "Other Cable NMEA" with 4800 baud, then selecting "CF Card Generic" or whatever it is called from the top of the list).

Any ideas? (Any suggestions for getting the signal to lock on faster than the 5-10 mins it sometimes takes would also be nice!)

I dunno if this is caused by TT5 not being compatible with the 303E or with the Toshiba e805. Or something else.

Cheers,
Jeremy
KiwiGuy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiGuy wrote:
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me figure out my current problem with TT5...

...I should add that I never had this problem with TT3 - that version was always able to indicate exactly how many satellites were locked on at any given time. Smile

- Jeremy
oscar3769
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: TT5 and gps jacket Reply with quote

I have just installed tt5 on my ipaq3850 and am using a navman 3400 jacket, it worked fine with smart st v1.91 but when using tt5 it doesnt give me the option to assign it to com 5 only com 3, if I assign to the navman bit the yellow and black ball spins but there is no signal. i have updated with the fix and I can get signal with that but not on the main programme.
Any ideas?
Thanks
SjB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For info, my SysOnChip CF Plus II antenna with 256MB Ram works as brilliantly with TT5 as it did with TT3. Hardware is an iPAQ 2210 with UK maps on the SysOnChip CF card and continental Europe maps on a 1.0GB SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: