Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can you plan a route abroad whilst still in the UK?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you plan a route abroad whilst still in the UK?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw that warning on mine. I loaded the maps using the TomTom CD program.

Are you trying to load them to the PC, where they already are?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faust you are trying to navigate to a place use the ADVANCED PLANNING as privetter has said

set depart point using browse map ie home or port of calais for example then when you or if you are given a destination select no then set your destination useing the point on map use can then browse poi for hotels etc tap where you want your destination to be and select done then select how you want to be routed ie fastest or shortest select done and the route will be planned for you this was done a freinds go 300 with uk plus map installed and planned a route to southern germany you will then be able to veiw the route as a demo or text

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
faust you are trying to navigate to a place use the ADVANCED PLANNING as privetter has said

set depart point using browse map ie home or port of calais for example then when you or if you are given a destination select no then set your destination useing the point on map use can then browse poi for hotels etc tap where you want your destination to be and select done then select how you want to be routed ie fastest or shortest select done and the route will be planned for you this was done a freinds go 300 with uk plus map installed and planned a route to southern germany you will then be able to veiw the route as a demo or text

Sorted that out last night, after many attempts at advance planning with no luck the pesky thing just started to plan, and since then there hasn't been a problem. My question now simply refers to copying both maps to one card - see previous posts.
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a deep breath in the end and copied the GB Map to the France Map on the SD card. When I got the prompt about replacing a file of the same name I just clicked yes to all. I think there were only two files one named "itn" the other was called "TomTom-Cfg". Anyway I plugged the SD card back into the TomTom and bingo - both maps working fine, TomTom working fine. Phew! now I just need to think about packing.
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
Has anyone tried to put more than one map on their SD card? I was going to put the GB and France Map on the one card rather than use two. However, when I did a test run of this on the PC a message came up "a file with the same name already exists, do you wish to replace it YES, YES TO ALL, NO". Having gone to all this trouble to get the France Map I do not want to corrupt the files - anyone carried out this procedure?

Yeah I just did this at the weekend - no problems at all, except:
1. My activation code is "blocked" for some reason, so I can't actually use the maps yet
2. Can't get all the maps on a 1GB card... can't even get enough on there to get me from CH to UK (need CH-DE-AT-CZ-PL, FR, BENELUX and UK) Unfortunately there is not enough room on a 1GB card for the "Plus" maps.

But no error about a file already existing....????
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the replace file with file of same name scenario only applies if you are copying from an SD Card map onto another SD Card map, not when copying from the CD box set.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: