Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Red Hands only.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Red Hands only.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just looked at the Teleatlas site and all I could find were single country and the MRE on SD card. These were all £99.99 I couldn't find the box set of MOWE.

I never asked TomTom whether the 'old' single country SD cards would work with the Go300, all I asked about was the MOWE on Cd that you have to put on your own Sd card.

The way I'm looking at it is , there has been lots written on this and other forums about the recent GB map 'upgrade' and the fact that there were still errors, some a couple of years old that were still present. So if this also applies to the 'upgrade' for the France map then there's not going to be a lot of difference.

I know it would be nice to have the new maps but needs must.....I have it in writing (well on email) that the old maps will work and I have also phoned and spoken to their technical dept who have confirmed this so if anything goes wrong I'll be straight back onto them Laughing
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there PJ. Read below the email response from Tele Atlas, contents of which explain themselves. I have also had a response from a company who deals directly with TomTom today concerning the maps. The response is as follows

"Shipping has again been delayed with regards to all TomTom maps. The latest information is now for delivery mid-June, however, that date is only provisional and no firm date is forthcoming".

I was wondering about purchasing theTomTom Go 500 with MRWE. Does anyone know just what level of detail these "Major Road" maps contain - especially in relation to France? TomTom may be a good product but what truly dreadful after sales. Who on earth launches a product without accessories.

Thank you for your interest in Tele Atlas products.

Our SD cards for Tomtom Go are compatible with Tomtom Go 300, however we advise you not to purchase this product as the Tomtom Go 300 was released after Tomtom Go, our SD cards available on our website are not the latest updates.
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:

Thank you for your interest in Tele Atlas products.

Our SD cards for Tomtom Go are compatible with Tomtom Go 300, however we advise you not to purchase this product as the Tomtom Go 300 was released after Tomtom Go, our SD cards available on our website are not the latest updates.

You were obviously thinking along the same lines as me, I sent Tele Atlas an email earlier probably asking the same question as you. (Will the maps on SD card work with the TTG 300???) and you've got the answer before me.

As for their reply to you, who cares if they are not the latest? As I've said before a slightly out of date map is better then no map at all.

I wonder if these maps have to be activated prior to use or are they 'plug and go?' If they are they could be sold on if and when you decide to get the MOWE
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ, if you do decide to go (pardon the pun) for the Tele Atlas TomTom Go maps, the ones that state they are not the latest, will you post how you go on loading them and if they are compatible with the 300 as Tele Atlas suggest they are?
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further important update PJ. I was considering buying the 500 as an alternative to buying the SD card map of France. However, I read a report that Toyota have purchased all the stock which was about to be shipped to retailers as a bulk order for their new car model the Ayago, I think it is called. Subsequently the launch date for the 500 to the general public has had to be put back, a fact confirmed to me by Comet today who said they are now only taking orders for the 500 as TomTom has informed them that they have no current stock. I then thought about trying to upgrade my 300 to the +Maps which include MRE, however, when I tried to do so the website refused my product code as an invalid number - upgrade not a valid option for 300 owners. I then spoke to TomTom CS who confirmed all the above and asked the chap what my options were, I also mentioned the Tele Atlas website and the SD maps for sale on that site. TomTom CS said that the maps for sale from Tele Atlas are genuine TomTom maps but were intended for the GO Classic, however providing I had the latest firmware 5.00 or 5.10 then the maps should work without a hitch. When I mentioned to him that they were not the latest he said that in fact there would be very little if any difference from the maps that are due to be launched soon by TomTom for the 300, which by the way week 23 launch date now looks decidedly iffy. Armed with all this information I went ahead and ordered my SD card Map of France which should be with me by Wednesday of this week. Phew! what a job this has turned out to be.
Meester-Martinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they do work only tomtom have put the wrong product codes in with the CDs so you have to get a new code from tomtom support to activate it.

Faust wrote:
PJEvans wrote:
I'm just waiting on a reply to an email from TomTom but it looks like I'll be buying the 'old' MOWE. I go to France on the 17th June so a slightly out of date maps is going to be better than no map at all.

Even if they do start selling them on the 6th June I don't think they'll get to me before I go Crying or Very sad

Can you actually still buy the old maps, and if so will they still work. I tried to buy the old maps but the company concerned refused to sell them to me as they stated that the maps are for the Classic GO not the GO 300 series, and that the two were not compatible.
PJEvans
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faust wrote:
Further important update PJ

Faust

Thanks for letting me know about the SD cards. I did send an email to Tele Atlas but as yet they haven't replied. It's two weeks until I go to France so I'm going to order one from them anyway. Let me know if you have any problems when the SD card arrives

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: