Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anyone downloaded Mapsonic V3.0 ? List benefits and problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone downloaded Mapsonic V3.0 ? List benefits and problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help on the cd problem - sounds like it's faulty - when I purchased the kirrio kit the cd that came with it was cracked, globalpositioning systems swopped the cd without a problem - but I had to send the whole kit back.

Looking at the website - although the software is comptabile with the T5 the kirrio kit isn't - if you purchased the BT gps set then you can just buy a different mount (either powered or not - if not buy a seperate car charger).

If you got the wired version then I would return the whole lot for a refund as kirrio are unlikely to have the correct connector available quickly. GPS.co.uk are very good for refunds/returns , just make sure you get an rma no. before returning the kit. You would be better off buying the viamichelin software direct from michelin's web site and getting a seperate mount and bt gps unit - or buying the complete t5 compatible kit from viamichelin.

The download to v3 won't work either until you have installed the original software from the cd onto your pc.

Ian
NeedGuidance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

After trying out a few things last night - including copying the CD Rom to another CD, I eventually got the original CD to load - but after spinning for a good 30 minutes. I had to do this several times, as the early tries did not make it through to completion.

I eventually managed to install v2.5 onto my PC, then proceeded to download v3. For some reason, the v3 installation aborted due to lack of memory.

As for the GPS unit, I got the bluetooth version and it worked with my T5 under Naviation v2.5. Took it for a test run today to Cambridge and it worked like a dream. I will get a car charger for the T5 instead as it is probably the best solution to this problem.

Next step for me is to figure out how I could load v3 onto my T5 successfully. Perhaps I could remove The Michelin Guide for Europe first.

By the way, did your come with The UK & Ireland Michelin Guide 2004?

Chris
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No michelin guides came with the box.

You may want to download the v3 file again - the first time I downloaded it wouldn't install, I downloaded it a second time and it was ok.

Ian
g7pkf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Nightmare downloading Reply with quote

Cant figure whats wrong tried downloading about 5 times the update now.

can someone please email me a good copy of the free upgrade 2.5-3?

dean AT packetradio DOT co DOT uk

thanks
old_lou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightmare downloading Reply with quote

g7pkf wrote:
Cant figure whats wrong tried downloading about 5 times the update now.

can someone please email me a good copy of the free upgrade 2.5-3?

dean AT packetradio DOT co DOT uk

thanks

Are yo sure you want an 18meg file emailed to you?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: