Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS /Palm/ Golf
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS /Palm/ Golf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: GPS /Palm/ Golf Reply with quote

Hi I am trying to work out by using a GPS device I can map out my golf course - either as a standalone device or attached to a handspring 600 using palm operating system - I need something that can measure to a +/- 3 or 4 meters hopefully being able to record various points of reference without spending a fortune.

any help gratefully received

Richard
Nimrag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich - I haven't been into GPS for too long, but I my main hobby is metal detecting and I wanted something to give me a good accurate position of interesting finds and even the route back to the spot. I eventually bought a Garmin 'Venture' and I'm really pleased with it. One of its facilities is that it will create a track of a journey or path etc which can be saved in the memory and used anytime to track back (or forward)

The last time I went out detecting I let it record a track for me to the field I was going to search in - this was about four fields away from the nearest main highway and on one part of the journey I had been following tractor marks and occasionally crossed over from one track to the other. On the return journey I was able to follow the exact path back to the main road. There is also another similar feature on the Venture which lets you mark a 'Route', on the route various waypoints can be put in and named ie hole 1/ hole2, etc then the onboard compass points you to any chosen waypoint as you go back. Hope this info is of some help Rich. A good site to see a range of them including the Venture is :- www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk On the main screen click on Recreation and then click Basic. I did manage to find the handbook on the web, perhaps it was on that site, but in anycase you will be able to get a look at one via a search engine.

Good luck,

Ian
Nimrag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich - here's the site where you can find the manual:- www.garmin.com/outdoor/products.html#basic click on the Venture (top right) then on that information page you can click on 'manuals' and see it there.

Cheers, Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: