Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom TOM 3 and Memory Map conflict...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom TOM 3 and Memory Map conflict...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Advent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Tom TOM 3 and Memory Map conflict... Reply with quote

Help,
I use the Ambeom Bluetooth receiver model BT112A-GPS on my Hewett Packard Ipaq 2210, Using TomTom 3 navigator the system works great no problems.
When I change maps to Memory Map 2004 ( Ihave my reasons for doing so) my system can't open the Com port. I have the following choices of
Manufacturer :-
None
Navman
NMEA
Garmin
Magellan
SiRF

I select NMEA then select port Com5 Bluetooth at baud rate 4800 I then receive an error message Cant' open the Com Port. I then select Com 8 same error message.
I simply can not get the Ipaq 2210 to pair with this Ambecon BT GPS receiver using Memory Map 2004 and yet it works fine using TomTom 3 Navigator
I have this feeling that Tom Tom Navigator has caused this problem.
Any advice please on curing this problem......
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Advent,

What version of TomTom Navigator 3 are you using? Also what version of the TT GPS Driver are you using?

I guess that you’re using a TT GPS Driver later than 2.07. If that is the case then TT is hijacking your BT stack.

It can be remedied by deleting the GPS Driver and also “TomTom ~GPS” in “Remove Programs” and installing GPS Driver 2.07 (see our downloads page). You may need to remove the “TomTom ~GPS” once more and then do a soft reset.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Advent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woaaa fast response so quick... Yesterday in the field I was pulling my hair out trying to get this system to I can get the two BT devices to pair they are sat here flashing away merrily but memoey map will not load up at all. Tom Tom 3 navigator version is 4.0.0.1 ( is that right?). I am not too sure where to find the driver I cant' see him in the car Wink Adding and removing programs is my sons department its over my head that sort of thing.......
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Advent,

Are you located in the USA?
Please update your profile as it can change the answer to the questions you have asked. ;)

If you have TomTom 4.0.0.1 and an iPAQ 2210 and in the USA, then you are probably using TomTom Navigator 2004 (North America). Does your set-up look like this review?

The latest UK version of TTNav 3, is 3.07 and 3.07T (for traffic).

If you’re running TTNav 3 then you can determine the version number, in the following way:

If you’re in the “Navigator Screen”, you should have a black (nearly) square box in the top left hand corner. Tap the white upside-down triangle with the stylus, in the drop down menu tap the Map option.

You should now be in the map screen. At the bottom of the screen you should see the File menu. Tap in order: File | About

You should see the version number.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Advent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update my son is home we removed all Tom Tom leaving Memory Map 4 insatalled. It works brilliant....So now we will reinstall Tom Tom and see what happens...Don't hold your breaths....... :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: