Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Navigator and Bluetooth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Navigator and Bluetooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manuel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: TT Navigator and Bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am using TT Navigator 3.03 on my Ipaq 1940 connecting via TT GPS 3.07 over Bluetooth SerialPort to my TT Bluetooth receiver. So far so good. Once I do get everything working it works and TT navigates as it should but to get it working is a different story. The problems I have are:

1) Very often but not all the time TT would not connect to my GPS received (it's blue light will keep flashing and not switch to constant). I have paired my receiver with my Ipaq and without me changing anything it might connect straight away the next day. I usually do a soft reset before I start TT which does the trick in most cases but it's annoying and that's certainly not the way it's supposed to work.

2) My next problem is that whilst using TT on a route and having to stop at a petrol station etc. I usually take my Ipaq out the car and leave the BT receiver on. The problem is again that TT would not connect to my
receiver once I turn it on again which is very annoying. I've tried several things such as:
a) turn off Ipaq but don't end TT
b) end TT and then switch off Ipaq

3) Sometimes during the use of TT it suddenly falls behind the position I am actually at and thats with still a fix of 6-9 satelites. The map is usually all over the place but shows the correct position again when I stop
for a couple of sec. lets say at a junction - just to fall behind it again a minute later.

Sorry for my lengthy post but I am very annoyed with TT and looking desperately for help. Most probaply the majority of my issues do come from the fact that I am using Bluetooth to connect to my receiver but
as I have a Ipaq 1940 I do not have another chance due to the lack of a regular serial port.

Would it be possible to use any other GPS driver software on my Ipaq together with TT?

Any thoughs are very much welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Manuel
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, we actually recommend using the GPS driver version 2.07 . Make sure you have completely removed the GPS driver 3.07 before you attempt to install teh older version (you get it from our downloads page).

You may also want to upgrade to TTN 3.07 (from the TomTom site)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Manuel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Lutz - I'll give that a go!
Manuel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've meanwhile upgraded to TTN 3.07 and using the recommend GPS driver version 2.07. It's working fine so far but it's too early to get excited about Smile

One question still remains even with this setup: When using TTN and then taking the Ipaq out the car due to stopping somewhere along the way what is the recommended way of doing with TTN? Ideally I want to leave it running and just swith the Ipaq off. Obviously by taking it out the car it looses it's bluetooth connection. When I come back I tried connecting to my receiver again by manually initiating the lost connection via the bluetooh manager. The connection itself works fine but TT GPS still does not pick it up.

So basically the only way I found so far is shutting down TTN before turning off the Ipaq and turning everything back on afterwards. It just takes quite awhile so I was hoping there would be a quicker way of doing this...
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I have my TomTom GPS set to NOT prevent the PDA from switching off. So when I leave the car, the ignition goes off, the PDA goes to sleep.

When I return all I need to do is switch the Pocket PC on again AND TAP THE SCREEN ONCE - otherwise the PDA will go back to sleep because it thinks it is midnight.

That's all. No fancy dance around BlueTooth.

I am running this setup on iPAQ 3630 (serial receiver) and 3970 / 6315 (Bluetooth receiver) Both receiver types are wired to the ignition.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Manuel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for me being unclear - I was talking about a case where I do take my Ipaq out the car - far away from it's Bluetooth receiver.

If I leave it in the cradle in the car everything works ok...

Cheers,
Manuel
Sean16
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same Ipaq 1940 and I'm also using a bluetooth receiver with all the latest drivers from TT and I've had none of the above problem at all.
PeterO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar probs with my 1940 and TTN BT. Found that the way round it was to always start the GPS app first (& make sure it was talking to the BT device) then start TTN3.

Before switching off, close down TTN3 then the GPS app.

I simplified the process by assigning both apps to ipaq buttons.

It takes 2-3 seconds longer to go through this close down process than just switching the unit off, but I never need to do a soft reset.

Anybody got a simpler way?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: