Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman pin300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman pin300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alriteskip
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: navman pin300 Reply with quote

First time contributor, so excuse me if my queries have already been raised.

I have just had the Navman Pin3000 as a chrimbo pressie.

I have had a go at downloading the speed camera database & on my 1st time of using the system, I have found that i only get an audible warning about the cameras when i have actually gone by them. Can this be amended? I haven't got the camera icons on my screen either - can this be done?

Also, are there any addional POIs that i can download as I note that most are TomTom compatible only.

Cheers.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting an audible warning after you've passed a camera, the chances are that your settings are poorly adjusted. Go to Seup > Active POI. Your custom POIs are listed in the POI box under a dropdown menu.

Ensure that for each one you have the Active, Visual Warning and Sound Warning boxes ticked. I've set Distance to 1/4 mile and Time to 10 secs and I get warned in good time.

As to the camera icons, there are two possibilities here. Firstly, when yopu transfer POIs using POIEditor, there is a sliding bar which is used to set visibility of POIs. I've set this to maximum. I don't think you can change this from the PPC

The second possibility is selected from Setup > POI. Ensure that you have the in POI Display you have the Show Icons on Map box ticked, and that under POI Categories, you have the My Poi box ticked.

If neither of these work I'm not sure what the problem might be.

You can download POIs in other formats (.asc, .ov2 etc.) and use Oldie's POI Converter V3, which you can download from here. Open from one format and save as another. You need .csv for your PiN and don't forget to edit out the top line using Notepad.
doden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded safety camera poi's today and found that if following instructions on this site they work ok except for one error (?). When entering the warning distance, the recommended was 150, which may have meant yards but of course SmartST works in feet! I was getting a warning as I was alongside the camera with this setting, which as you say, is too late!
I intend to reset the distance to 1500 and see if this improves things. The icon is loaded in the same PC window. You need to 'browse' the directory of unzipped files and find the relevant .bmp. This works fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: