Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Lost Product Key for Copilot Live 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Product Key for Copilot Live 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Lost Product Key for Copilot Live 5 Reply with quote

Hi, my iPAQ 3750 battery went flat and i lost the installation of Copilot 5. In between this time i have formated my hard drive of my PC. So i now have to re-install Copilot to both PC and Pocket PC. However i've lost my Product Key. Does anyone know how to find this or have one?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can login to the ALK registration page with your user ID and password, it will list the product keys that are registered for you.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm. I just turned my PC on to use the desktop CP%5 for planning and it tells me I need to activate my desktop???:

Why? I have been registered and using it for months. When I try and activate it asks me for the product key, got that, email, got that...and license key WHICH I HAVEN'T GOT?

What the hell is going on with this overcomplicated fussy registration process
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lost Product Key for Copilot Live 5 Reply with quote

Maverick wrote:
Hi, my iPAQ 3750 battery went flat and i lost the installation of Copilot 5. In between this time i have formated my hard drive of my PC. So i now have to re-install Copilot to both PC and Pocket PC. However i've lost my Product Key. Does anyone know how to find this or have one?

Unfortunately the only place you'll get this from is to contact ALK direct.

topgazza wrote:
Mmmm. I just turned my PC on to use the desktop CP%5 for planning and it tells me I need to activate my desktop???:

Why? I have been registered and using it for months. When I try and activate it asks me for the product key, got that, email, got that...and license key WHICH I HAVEN'T GOT?

What the hell is going on with this overcomplicated fussy registration process

It sounds like either you've done an update, or your registry has corrupted and the key has been lost. You do need to activate the desktop application which is true, but it sounds like it's lost the key which I believe is stored in the registry.
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave. I'll hunt it down. You could probably sense my frustration Rolling Eyes

Hence forgetting I'd already posted.....

I think I had switched my PC on with my 2210 plugged in to the USB. I'm guessing but the CP5 on my 2210 is a restored, after trying Sprite successfully, install. I wonder if had anything to do with it? Can't remember if I got a license form ALK when | first installed on the PC. SO in theory a fresh install should repeat the activation process? Lets see if I can find the license first...
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I presume its missing from the Reg. But where would you find it?
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok

Just in case anyone has a similar problem. I just did a "repair" install from the CP5 install program and Shazam...everything works and all my saved trips are still there.

Can't think what caused it other than turning on my PC with my 2210 connected through the USB...probably a red herring but Mmmmmmm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: