Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hp Ipaq hx4700 + navman 4410 will it work?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hp Ipaq hx4700 + navman 4410 will it work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeggi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Hp Ipaq hx4700 + navman 4410 will it work? Reply with quote

Hi!

im a happy owner of a tomtom3 bundle of 1940 and bt tomtom.

Now i want to buy a new pda + gps
im thinking of buying the Hewlett Packard iPAQ hx4700 since it looks great and seems to be awsome...

The navman Gps 4410 seems alot more better than the bt tomtom in many ways spec. the batterie..

anways does anyone know if thoose 2 work together?
ive been looking for info on those 2 and i cant find anything.. and another thing, i was also looking at the Holux 210 does that work with 4700? if so is it any good?

thanks!
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zeggy, and Welcome to the forum. We do ask our members not to double-post, in order that all the replies are kept together. I have redirected any potential respondents to this topic and locked the other two.

In answer to part of your query, the Navman BT4100 will work with the HP RX4700 PDA.
Zeggi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: sorry :/ Reply with quote

hmm navman 4410 and 4100 is the same?
if not whats the difference and do you know if the holux will work?

thanks and sorry for any trouble
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4100 is the unit only, the 4410 came with SmartST software, I think. I can't help you with the Holux question, I'm afraid.
Zeggi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: ooh didnt know that Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about the navman... btw you know any good place that sell the navman seperatly without the software bundle, thanks!
baggaa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Is there a review of the HP 4700 with any of the GPS softwar Reply with quote

I too am interested in upgrading my current iPAQ3970 with NAVMAN 3400, the 1st lock in time is so slow. I am interetsed in the HP 47xx given its new 640x480 screen. Have there been any reviews with this PDA where the GPS software utilises all this new found screen?

Thanks
laymans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently run a HP 4700 with tomtom and a Holux 231 and they work great. Had some minor setup problems with the BT side of things but got over them quite quickly.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a great hx4700 fan - most of the pain of being an early adopter has now gone, as most of the required software updates are now available. The only software program I'm still having trouble with is GPSAssist - the hardware buttons don't work.

A lot of software isn't yet VGA capable - but in most cases that doesn't matter (other than you'll find you don't want a non-VGA capable Today Screen plugin enabled - it looks very ugly when most things are VGA). Non-VGA software simply works with quadruple pixels.

I expect software will gradually gain VGA support. What I can tell you is that TomTom Navigator 3 has no VGA support and no landscape support.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: