Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - failed nmea data
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

failed nmea data
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: failed nmea data Reply with quote

my navman sleeve was working fine untill i upgraded cpl4 to 5 now after a hard reset and ( blub ) and re-install of just nav drivers i get an error message saying failed to get nmea data sleeve coms error message

is the verdict DEAD

tried everything inc crux view and that cant talk to the sleeve either , tt3 gps driver dosent strt to move on the indicator suggesting dead gps

if it is dead how much can i get one for and from where , i`m using a ipaq 3630 , old but still good
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on your sleeve you will have to try different driver versions. Not all drivers work with all sleeve variations. Try an older driver. like 3.0.7

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unsure of sleeve # m8 ,it has ipaq navigation system writen up right hand side , and navman on the back embedded in the plastic , i never have found out what type it is ?

and when u say driver version , to which driver are u refering , tom tom , co-pilot ? or maybe the Alk driver

what i do know is the tom tom gps drivers dont work no matter what version , the original Alk driver dosent work nor the 3.16 nav ppc driver , nor does crux view want to talk to the sleeve

it seems all arrows are pointing towards DEAD , but i was hoping for a kinda magic wand from u guys as to something else i may have over looked
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not talking about TomTom, I am talking about the sleeve driver. I know of at least three different versions, and I'd guess the sleeve you have does not work with version 3.1.6. Do you still have the original CDs?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only , it was given to me by my brother and he had it from new with original co-pilot and sleeve to suite

the only original software i have is the nav software and i have tried re-installing to no avail , i also down loaded and installed the alk driver from co-pilot site , which used to work no probs , but now it just dosent want to play ball , just says nmea error first time run then cant open com 4 second time run

i even insatlled the device x software to check the com ports where being silly , that didnt help
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do you get the error messages - upon inserting the sleeve?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no

sleeve and card already on ipaq , i get mssg when trying to run GPS info 1.3 from navman, the same software again used to work but now throws the error after the install of cp5
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair i`m not sure if i had the same version previous , the version of gps info i have now is a new download and install
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in crux view under the gps status tab when selecting the gps port i get an error saying baud rate set error , no matter what i change the baud rate to
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go back to square one, do a hard reset (without the sleeve) and then insert the sleeve (should give an "unrecognized card" ) then remove the sleeve again and install the oldest sleeve driver you can find

Then see if Crux_View can get to the sleeve at COM4: and 57600

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah Embarassed without the sleeve u say , i guess thats important then , i may have not done that last time , 8O
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NA..........baud rate set error , and the same message for all baud rates m8 but thanks all the same i did exactly as u suggested

i have also posted on expansys site i did read a couple of threads about the nmea data error over there , but not with my ipaq , it seemed a software conflict was occuring with more than 1 device trying to use the com port

i`m still hopefull
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

still no luck , this time did as follows

hard reset with sleeve off
re-format card
insert sleeve and card , usual unknown card driver error
added to default location the ALK 3.1.1 driver which always worked with cp4
installed again cp5 and map
started cp5 gps software
fails auto search and manual entries

usual settings for sleeve are com4 57600 baud but have tried all other coms and bauds all get same error msg , NO GPS SIGNAL DETECTED FOR SELECTED COM PORT AND BAUD RATE , VERIFY GPS IS CONNECTED AND BAUD AND COM ARE SELECTED

the thing is on the GPS options screen the GPS COM PORT OPENED line has a green tick suggesting the com is opened , it just appears the sleeve isnt talking back
gilbates
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG GUNS PLEASE

ok guys i need very expert advice now

i installed ce monitor , and it seems to have kicked the jacket back into life , to some extent anyway

i need help please on understanding the settings in ce monitor and to what extent they affect the sleeve

from what i can make out the jacket is happy on com 4 and baud up to 38400 anything above that is looking to lock but not achieving it , if i select the nmea setting nothing works , it just sits dumb

what do i do now please guys , what am i looking for to enable nmea if i need it
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilbates wrote:
from what i can make out the jacket is happy on com 4 and baud up to 38400 anything above that is looking to lock but not achieving it , if i select the nmea setting nothing works , it just sits dumb
If it is happy on COM4 at 38400 why not leave it like that? I tried my old Navman sleeve with CoPilot 5 yesterday and it auto configured at COM4 & 38400 and then worked fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: