Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux & GPS Viewer Problem?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux & GPS Viewer Problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMG_Roadster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Holux & GPS Viewer Problem? Reply with quote

This is a double post (with additional info here). I was just not sure the best place to ask.

Just received my Holux and I am trying to figure out if I am having problems or not. I have the Bluetooth set to port 6 and the baud set to 9600.

When using GPS viewer I can see the data streaming in from the GPS. But if I change to the GPS Status screen (shows sats, speed, lat, etc.) it is a snapshot view, it does no update. There is a note with Acquiring: 3D.

It does not matter what speed I have the connection set to the results are the same.

Am I having problems, or is the GPS Status Screen always a snaphot, or does it need to build up the Alamanac, or...?
HOLUX UK Tech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What you are seeing is indicating that the GR-230 is working fine as you are getting a 3D lock.

There is a slight bug in the GPSviewer software that means that the status page doesn't continue to update automatically once a 3D lock has been obtained - you have to switch between teh two screens to refresh. Once it has a 3D lock it is working and you normally want to quit GPSviewer in favour of your favourite navigation programme.

You will always see the same results at different baud rates as the GR-230 will auto-baud to whatever you have set in the software.

We hope that this has been of help to you and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Best regards,

The HOLUX UK Technical Support Team
Tel: 0870 321 5929 x52
e-mail: tech@holux-uk.com
web: www.holux-uk.com

Holux Navigation Aids "......Get there."

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: