Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom XXL and speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom XXL and speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taff528
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Tomtom XXL and speed camera database Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just downloaded the Speed camera database to my new XXL and encountered problems? I also loaded the voicees file. Trouble is I now can't get a warning to work when I highlight the camera poi. I get a message sating is this the sound you want but without the option to choose the sound? If I accept yes I get a message saying no photos found - any ideas please?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the Version 7/8 Note on the installation guide page about half way down.
taff528
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks - I did as you suggested but I was then returned to the screen with the warn when near icon on it. I shall try to install again and see what happens this time? I shall let you know later
taff528
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI again,

I have had partial success with the camera installation. The voices appear to work fine and show on the list. I started to match them to the camera list as per instruction and after doing 3 of them the system stopped allowing me to choose the sound. I go to PO to get the list and then select the item - screen goes to select distance - I enter ok and nothing happens. The first couple I had done now no longer work either so I cannot change the sound even if I wanted to??
Clearly I must be doing somthing wrong but what? Any advice would be appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've ended up with a mixture of the TWO methods of installing the voice files.
At first you seem to describe what happens when you install the warning voices into the map folder - you DON'T get to choose them it should happen automatically.

Then you go onto describe choosing them from a list - which is what happens if you install the warnings into the "sounds" folder.

But you can't mix the two methods. Go back and check those two folders with Windows Explorer (or the Mac equivalent) and remove EVERY file with a ".ogg" file extension*.
Then put them back in just ONE of the locations (I prefer the sounds folder method).

*(if you can't see the file extensions you need to untick the box that hides them in Explorer (In XP it is on the Tools menu/ Folder options / View tab - "Hide extensions for know file types")
taff528
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,

That seems to have sorted the problem Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: