Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ 2210 BC-307 GPS IS UNAVAILABLE or Cant find Satellit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ 2210 BC-307 GPS IS UNAVAILABLE or Cant find Satellit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radice69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: IPAQ 2210 BC-307 GPS IS UNAVAILABLE or Cant find Satellit Reply with quote

to all

ive just bought a bc-307 using it on a ipaq 2210 but using the software - gpsinformation as supplied with unit - it takes ages to find any satellites if it can - on screen you can see the satellites- someitmes, however
when i use tomtom 2.24 and use their software it always
comes back with GPS position is unreliable

so is there something im doing wrong or is the gps receiver no good?
im thinking of sending it back?

Yes the red-led lights are working when it does get a connection sometimes the connection to the satellites can take about an hour ??

so is the gps satellelite receiver no good?? ot am i missing a trik ? ive looked on the forums saying you can find out the firmware version any ideas??
creature04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have u setup the gps in the tom tom gps setup prog ?.
radice69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to all

what settings should i be using for the tom tom software i cant see anything for the dconnex gps driver or dc-307 ??

any help would be appreciated..
anewman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In tomtom it should be NMEA 4800 baud and it's com port 7 on my 2210. then you need to tick the box to the left.
radice69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: tom tom settings Reply with quote

i have looked at my tomtom settings

curently ive set it to nmea 0183v2 4800
below that ive set it to CF_CARD Generic - ive tried my other com ports to no avail - there is no com7 on my ipaq

the 307 came with a utility gpsinformation when i run this it states:-
com port com1:CF_CARD_GENERIC
BAUD RATE 48

im still having the same problem tom tom software is still saying gps position unreliable even though the gpsinformation.xe can find the satellites?? whn it does find a satellite it can take upto 20 minutes, but most of the time it finds nothing.

any help appreciated
anewman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the name CF_CARD Generic also so that should be the right one

Try taking it outside and having a clear view of the sky. I couldn't get a signal in my house at all.
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BC-307 has an internal memory retention battery/capacitor that needs to be charged before it remembers the ephemeris data (where the satellites are, deviations from their calculated orbit etc and what time it is).

So the thing to do is to put your iPaq with the BC-307 somewhere with a good view of the sky, set not to shut power off (on a charger cord perhaps) and open up an application that activates the GPS portion (GPSInfo, or the TomTom GPS application that you'll find in Control Panel).

After you've followed the above, if yours is like mine the longest time to fix is about 30 seconds - even after moving the device from Newcastle to Brussels. To keep the time to position fix down, all you need to do is use it every couple of days or so to keep the memory retention source charged and to keep the ephemeris data current-ish.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: