Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How's TT3 performing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How's TT3 performing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: How's TT3 performing Reply with quote

I've been away from the forum for a while but when I left, there was considerable dissapointment with the new TT3. I recall many people recommending staying with TT2. Have things improved in the last couple of months? Are there significant advantages in upgrading to TT3?

TIA
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two problems - that is, problems looking up addresses, and the rather long list of missing towns - have been fixed with the release of Navigator 3 3.03 (or 3.04T for those using TomTom Traffic).

I'll certainly not go back to Navigator 2 now.

David
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty satisfied with TT3, with only some reservations left. Some towns still don't appear to have correct location information in the database, or maybe it's that there is some bug in the TTN program.

TT Traffic needs some work still. Needs to automatically initiate the default connection, IMO. Also traffic information needs improving.

There's a strange problem where TTN3 doesn't load if calendar is running. Closing calendar causes TTN3 to continue to load.

The start-up time of TTT3 is still longer than TTN2, but is now just about acceptable.

Some people have reported freezes and hangs and you may be one of the unlucky ones, but it also works well for a lot more people.

In general, I have found that the map data in TTN3 is not quite as good as TTN2 in some cases and better in others. There are one or two routing anomalies that I've encountered.
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdes,
I am one of those who reverted back to TTN2 but now happily use 3.03, which, despite it's imperfections (as highlighted by Fuego and others) is, IMHO now significantly improved. My advice to you would be to read ALL the posts since the issue of 3.03/3.04T and weigh up the pros and cons for yourself as there are both many positive and negative comments that could influence your thinking.

Tom

IPAQ2210/ROM-1.10/LEXAR 32X 256MB SD/Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF
TTN3-V3.03/Wired GPS-V3.03/Globalsat BT-338

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: