Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GERRY C'S SPEED CAMERA ICONS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GERRY C'S SPEED CAMERA ICONS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database contains 10,000plus cameras.

Could you answer some questions
Which database are you using-Zoned or consolidated?
When or where or what distance are you having the proximity warnings.
Are you having any overspeed warnings?
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeQue wrote:
The database contains 10,000plus cameras.

Could you answer some questions
Which database are you using-Zoned or consolidated?
When or where or what distance are you having the proximity warnings.
Are you having any overspeed warnings?
Quote:

Hi
I am using uk zoned.
I just seemed to get 2 warnings followed by a further 2 warnings and the same nearer the camera. It looks like I am obviously doing something wrong as I am only showing 2000+ poi's when downloaded.
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes something is wrong with your download as the zoned should be 10,000 plus.

No, the other problem could be not your fault!
You are third or fourth member to get upset with these continued extra alerts even though you are not overspeed!

Discuss that with Paul the moderator.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash10s Camera Manager downloads it's own database so you don't need to download a database.

Also note that when you load the database to your Nuvi it'll report twice as many Speed Cameras have been loaded as there are cameras in the database as each camera gets 2 entries. One for Proximity Alerts and one for Overspeed.

Multiple alerts can be caused by multiple cameras in the area.

You will get Proximity Alerts even if you are under the speed limit as one other effect of using CM is to have a single, low pitch "Bong, Bong" regardless of your speed. The Overspeed Warning will sound a higher pitched "Bong, Bong" and will continue to sound until your speed drops below the speed limit. It'll help if you can tell us which one you are hearing.

Also if you are crawling along in traffic towards a camera and you stop, when you start moving again you'll get another Proximity alert. An unfortunate side effect if you are in "stop, start" traffic....

I would clear out your POILoader folder on your PC. Run Camera Manager and get it to generate new files by adjusting a time setting on the Timings tab, click Apply and then adjust it back and then click Apply again. This will then generate new fresh files from CM. Upload these. You don't need any other downloads or files from PGPSW.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Ash10s Camera Manager downloads it's own database so you don't need to download a database.

Also note that when you load the database to your Nuvi it'll report twice as many Speed Cameras have been loaded as there are cameras in the database as each camera gets 2 entries. One for Proximity Alerts and one for Overspeed.

You will get Proximity Alerts even if you are under the speed limit as one other effect of using CM is to have a single, low pitch "Bong, Bong" regardless of your speed. The Overspeed Warning will sound a higher pitched "Bong, Bong" and will continue to sound until your speed drops below the speed limit. It'll help if you can tell us which one you are hearing.

Also if you are crawling along in traffic towards a camera and you stop, when you start moving again you'll get another Proximity alert. An unfortunate side effect if you are in "stop, start" traffic....

I would clear out your POILoader folder on your PC. Run Camera Manager and get it to generate new files by adjusting a time setting on the Timings tab, click Apply and then adjust it back and then click Apply again. This will then generate new fresh files from CM. Upload these. You don't need any other downloads or files from PGPSW.

Thanks Paul will do , although I did in fact do this. I deleted folders with the downloads in and started afresh
When I have downloaded using POI loader it states that I have succesfully
downloaded some 2000+ POI's, should this be 10,000 as suggested. If it should be 10,000 how do I correct this.
Once many thanks for all your help and patience.
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to basics.
60 seconds to download zoned database.
60 seconds to upload database to unit with default settings.
You then get this: -

all that was done at 9am this morning so if we do the same and you do not get the same result perhaps we work from there!
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:

Paul
Did what you said it is SHOWING NOW that I have downloaded over 21,000 POI's succesfully. Do you think this is now correct? I also deleted ICONS and downloaded at same time.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyeQue wrote:
Go back to basics.
60 seconds to download zoned database.
60 seconds to upload database to unit with default settings.
You then get this: -

all that was done at 9am this morning so if we do the same and you do not get the same result perhaps we work from there!

Hi Eye
Have gone back to basics. It is now showing over 21000 POI's according to Paul it should show double the amout of cameras in the database, so this would appear correct? thanks for your input. Am getting there slowly. OLDIE!! Your opinion much appreciated.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21,960 seems about right, IF you are using Camera Manager.

See how you go with the database. One setting it might be worth checking (and this is available on some Nuvis and not others) is under Tools, Settings, Proximity Alerts, Change..

Sometimes there is an Audio option. See if it is there and if it is set to Continuous or Single Tone.

Edit: To clarify.

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having done the same as me you should have the same result!
You are still involving CM.

You are trying two different techniques.

Clear out your file and see if you can get my result by two moves.!!

Until you get the same result do not move on.

I am also getting too many alerts and have found a work around.
Until you get 11,000 cameras then we have not the same problem!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are third or fourth member to get upset with these continued extra alerts even though you are not overspeed!

Discuss that with Paul the moderator.

You can do but nothing has changed in the data PGPSW provides, so I'm not sure what we are supposed to do about it. I've found it very hard to replicate the problem , the problem isn't terribly wide spread so doesn't give us much to work on and isn't limited to one type of unit. It could be a bug in POILoader or a unit firmware fault. I can't find anyone with the problem who has spoken to Garmin about the problem and come back with any feedback.

The data provided by PGPSW is a flat data file which can be opened and read by any one. The file only contains data and NO secret settings or anything that alters the behaviour of the unit other than it's intended alerts. The problem never existed before a few month ago and until now less than a handful of people have complained. Can anyone prove there isn't a bug in POILoader? The new map data? Recent firmware changes?

The onus has been put on PGPSW to sort the problem but PGPSW hasn't changed anything.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: