Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I update Maps in TT Home2 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I update Maps in TT Home2 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddylonglegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: How do I update Maps in TT Home2 ? Reply with quote

Please help with a couple of questions. Do I only have the option of downloading the Western Europe Map as my free entitlement with my new TT 930t or America or both? Any help will be greatfully received. Thanks in advance.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If within 30 days of purchase you are entitled to BOTH the WE and NA maps. Don't let TT convince you otherwise.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You *might* get offered the new NA map if you switch to your existing NA map before you connect to Home and invoke the LMG, but often you have to ring TT customer services to get it added to your account.
In the past they often used to argue that you were only entitled to one map, but they seem to have realised their mistake now (in the UK at least).
daddylonglegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys Thanks for your help on this. Will ask customer services and get back to you asap and let you know the outcome. Cheers!!
daddylonglegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Downloaded the free Western Europe map. Cant talk to Tom TOm because of the Bank Holiday, but all my favorites have gone! Strange. Sorry to repeat myself here, I have started another thread in this forum hopefully may get some suggestions. Cheers.[/b]
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

daddylonglegs wrote:
Downloaded the free Western Europe map. Can't talk to Tom TOm because of the Bank Holiday

So now do as Andy suggested - switch maps to North America then reconnect to Home and go for the free map update again, to see if you get the NA one too. If not, then get onto TT support services for it.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
daddylonglegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wll do Dennis. I'll give it a go when I get home from work. I suppose I'll have to wait until Tuesday if I have a problem and need to get in touch with Tom Tom because of the Bank Holiday. Whatever happens will get back to you asap. Thanks for all you help guys.
daddylonglegs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Phoning Tom Tom Reply with quote

I have been ringing Tom Tom for some time now and know one has picked up the phone Mad .Sadly I got the message that I had 'already received my free map download' when switching to the North American map.[/b]
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so now you're left with Andy's alternative - ring TomTom and insist on getting it. You bought a 930 with maps of Europe and North America. If you didn't want North America you'd have bought a 730 with just Europe on it. So you want the map you bought the 930 for and they said in their sales pitch you get the latest map guarantee and what you've got is NOT the latest map.

You have to be very firm. Loads of people have already been there before you. Those who insisted were successful, those with less push failed. It's in your own hands now.

TomTom don't answer the phone when they're shut for Bank Holidays, weekends, or outside published hours. Unlike us, their support side is office hours only and Dutch office hours at that - don't be surprised if their bank holiday is much longer than ours!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page is a handy one to store as to when they might be closed due to holidays - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: