Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RBT-3000 Datalogger Protocol
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RBT-3000 Datalogger Protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a Palm app that works with BlueGPS Reply with quote

wazkaren wrote:
Hi,

I just joined this group and I may have some info that you might find useful. I bought a BlueGPS a few weeks ago and had the same idea to create a Palm app for it. So I did what you guys are talking about and I have a working version of a Palm app that will set Degrade and SBAS modes, query the size of the log, download the log into a Database and delete the log. I was in a hurry to get it working before I went on vacation last week so the code is a mess but it works pretty well. After our trip I downloaded the log to a database and then converted the data to a Palm DOC file (using another app I wrote). Since I'm new to the group I'm not sure what to do with it. I can share the code or the app (or both). Or I can just post info on how I do it. Let me know how I can help.

Greg

That's excellent news, if you have any files that you would like to share, email them to me darren @ pocketgpsworld.com and I'll host them and post the links Thumbs Up
wazkaren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the source files and the .PRC to Darren to be posted. The code is built using Cygwin. All I ask is

1. Remember that you get what you pay for. The code is ugly but works well on my Tungsten T.

2. If you fix problems, make improvements, or discover anything new would you post back here so I can get the changes?

If there's anything I can answer about the code just ask.

Thanks,
Greg
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wazkaren's Palm Client and source files are now available at http://www.griffinnet.co.uk/downloads.htm .

A big thank you to him for making these available Thumbs Up
tedSmith12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great wazkaren !!!

I am also considering writing a Palm app for the BlueGPS. Just wondering, if it is okay for us to get the full source of your code if you don't mind.

Another thing that I am really interested in doing is the ability to work out the battery level of the BlueGPS from my Palm. I am sure that this is encrypted somewhere in the first packet returning from the GPS ( the one with the firmware version ). This one would be hard to work out as I am assuming that everybody will have a different looking first packet.

Anyway, great works guys !! You guys are just working too quickly before I can contribute anything :P
wazkaren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tedSmith12 wrote:
Just wondering, if it is okay for us to get the full source of your code if you don't mind.

Sure, I included the full source code in the zip file. It's already there.

tedSmith12 wrote:

Another thing that I am really interested in doing is the ability to work out the battery level of the BlueGPS from my Palm. I am sure that this is encrypted somewhere in the first packet returning from the GPS ( the one with the firmware version ).

I had the same thought and I did takea quick look for battery level while I was working on it. I let the battery run down until the warning light went on but I didn't see anything changing. I could have missed it though since I was pressed for time. If you figure it out let me know, that was something I wanted as well.

Greg
shimoda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats wonderful wazkaren....you beat us to it. Thanks very much Thumbs Up

I'll get on and use your code to create a port to WinCE.NET for the PPC so that I can download direct to GPX format. Of course, I'll post it back here too.

Darren, you seem to have a decent download website set up. Are you happy to maintain these 'BlueGPS Tools'. It would be nice if they are kept together as it may encourage others to extend them / write new ones.

Cheers Andy.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more than happy to collate all the work you guys produce and make it available for download.
ShallTX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: I have this working in .NET Reply with quote

I've been working with the BlueGPS for some time now. I have all of the messages de-coded that I need, including:

Download log
Erase log
Set device name
Get number of records
Disconnect

In response to an earlier post where the log stops downloading after a while...I found this too. The remedy is to send a new request every 6200 bytes read (6200 might be somewhat arbitrary, but it's the best number I could figure out...and it works!). You'll send the "xAAx55x01x00x06x06x33xCC" string again.

--Steve
pretorianboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I envy all you Palm guys a bit, as I am using Symbian (s60) as a client...
Is there anything similar for Symbian platform? Are there any guys that would like to help me port the code to Symbian?
tedSmith12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't try these yet but I think I've found a set of Palm utils for the BlueGPS ....

http://www.pretec.com/driver_download_center.htm
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where? Those are PocketPC drivers for Pretec BT GPS units not Royaltek's RBT-3000 (unless I'm missing something?)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Darren, check out the first link on the page
http://www.pretec.com/ftp/BluetoothGPS/PalmOS.zip

Don't forget the Pretec is a re-badged RoyalTek after all.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry missed that, apologies to Ted, I hadn't realised Pretec had a badged version sorry Embarassed
tedSmith12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Don't know about you guys but I can't get any connection with Pretec's utils. It keeps on saying "connection failed". Anybody got it working ??

Ted
shigehiro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got BlueGPS yesterday. I can't get any connection with Pretec's utility, too. I also tried with wazkaren's tool. It seems perfectly work well. Thank you very much, wazkaren.

But I don't know how to enable or disable datalog function. Do that tool enable this? Or, could anyone give any advise to start data-logging?

Thanks again to all of you here, for special efforts to make utilities and share it with people.

shigehiro

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: