Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8,300 issues refresh rate and BT Phone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8,300 issues refresh rate and BT Phone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dennes,

The answer to all three questions is yes,things have only started going wrong since updating to 8.300.

With regards to tomtom traffic I don't use this service now but did use the weather and mobile speed camera update service untill things went wrong.

I work as a HGV driver and found the above services to be useful

Thanks for your help.
Neil.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Neil, it seems your problem is network settings, and I can't help you there, so somebody else has to come in with advice. Just tell us your network and whether monthly contract or Pay as you go for them. Might be an idea to try speaking to your network about it, but really, hang on for someone knowledgeable to come in on settings. Sorry I can't help any more.

As a digression, have you considered "our" speed camera database - not only cheaper, but far better than TomTom's SEE HERE.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in the add maps traffic voices etc - items on my computer section of HOME and see if their is a phone connection settings (v15)update that you have previously downloaded - it was offered before 8.300 came out.

If it is there try reinstalling it as it has updated conenction settings for a lot of networks.

Andy
neil2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis,

I am with 02 and have a monthly contract I have also spoken to 02 regarding this matter and they have confirmed all is working correctly there end.

With regards to your speed camera database I will be using it a soon as my subscription with tomtom expirers.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil2 wrote:
Thanks Dennis,

I am with 02 and have a monthly contract I have also spoken to 02 regarding this matter and they have confirmed all is working correctly there end.

With regards to your speed camera database I will be using it a soon as my subscription with tomtom expirers.

I have my phone on O2 and it does a data connection fine with the v15 phone connection settings. It is a different phone BUT at least you know the settings for the GPRS are correct.

Just a thought, can you connect your phone to GPRS and browse the web on your phone OK?

Andy
neil2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I found v15 on my computer and reinstall it on my tomtom I also done a factory reset.All is now working I have a data link.

I would just like to say thank to all of you for your kind help regarding this matter.

Neil
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil2 wrote:
Hi Andy,

I found v15 on my computer and reinstall it on my tomtom I also done a factory reset.All is now working I have a data link.

I would just like to say thank to all of you for your kind help regarding this matter.

Neil

We usually get there in the end!

Andy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
neil2 wrote:
Hi Andy,

Neil

Andy

Andy, you got there in just over 24 hours. That's not "in the end" that's before TomTom have even issued the bog standard acknowledgement that they'll reply inside the next 48 working hours. What's more, you got it exactly right and TT would still have been struggling and saying they'd never heard of this problem and asking for copies of his (present or future) grandchildren's birth certificates. Congratulations again, Andy - pgpsw should be set as the default Customer Support site for TomTom (and probably a whole lot more).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
AndyVaughan wrote:
neil2 wrote:
Hi Andy,

Neil

Andy

Andy, you got there in just over 24 hours. That's not "in the end" that's before TomTom have even issued the bog standard acknowledgement that they'll reply inside the next 48 working hours. What's more, you got it exactly right and TT would still have been struggling and saying they'd never heard of this problem and asking for copies of his (present or future) grandchildren's birth certificates. Congratulations again, Andy - pgpsw should be set as the default Customer Support site for TomTom (and probably a whole lot more).

Try doing my day job and supporting Windows Servers and Cisco Firewalls - TTs are a doddle in comparison!

Thanks
Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: