Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom HOME 2.4 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom HOME 2.4 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NO_MAD
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

How do you know if IQ is working on a 720?
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO_MAD wrote:
Hi All

If you use "Prepare route" it will ask if you are travelling today, tomorrow, weekday or weekend.

After calculating the route, the Route Summary screen will show, under the time and distance, "Fastest route - IQ Routes (Weekend)" depending, of course, on what your selections were.
Samsung Galaxy S21
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightyyid wrote:
I'm now doing a restore to a previous version via Home and will see what that brings. Why can this never be easy....?

Don't use Home for backing up and restoring your device.

Can I suggest you have a read of our TomTom FAQs here if you haven't already done so.

Pay particular attention to No 1, and do a Windows (NOT HOME) backup now you've got your device working. In future create further backups before and after anything other than minor changes to your device, then you can always restore a working version if things go wrong.
Samsung Galaxy S21
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO_MAD wrote:

When you plan a route the device will display a route summary, there is some text under the map summary that will state IQ Routes Weekday or Weekend as applicable - Mike
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JaTe Gonna take time for decent mapping data to filter through! but it is better to have! Even though i'm not sure reality view will remain on! Looks good but as DennisN and others have said it comes on too late! and blots out map until your past junction! As for iq routes! Time will tell! Wish there was a option to turn off! Thinking it might cause issues with larger vehicles! Time will tell! But good update! Having map subscription is good as more junctions come into new map data! Or can this be added via mapshare updates?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, If you want to turn the IQ Routes feature off you can do so by going to Change Preferences/ Planning Preferences, one of the screens offers a button labeled IQ Routes, tap that and you can disable/ enable it from there - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when you navigate to a location by any method other than 'fastest', IQ is turned off.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Also, when you navigate to a location by any method other than 'fastest', IQ is turned off.

I believe that statement to be false. I drive a delivery truck that is limited by law to 60mph. I have 'limited speed' of 60mph set, and when i view the route, it says 'iq routes weekend' speed limited 60mph on the unit!

iPhone 12
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
dhn wrote:

I believe that statement to be false. I drive a delivery truck that is limited by law to 60mph. I have 'limited speed' of 60mph set, and when i view the route, it says 'iq routes weekend' speed limited 60mph on the unit!

Just repeating what I've seen posted on this and other forums. If it's wrong, I'm sorry.
mikewall
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Mike, If you want to turn the IQ Routes feature off you can do so by going to Change Preferences/ Planning Preferences, one of the screens offers a button labeled IQ Routes, tap that and you can disable/ enable it from there - Mike

Doh! Have not looked in there since updating to new app! How long ago was that! Ta bud, still hoping iq routing works without using silly roads! Be interesting later i do Gatwick today (Monday) have to go Gatwick to Caterham then Aylesbury! (about 0830) Will iq routing combined with TMC Data take me off the M25! I'll let you know later! I suspect it won't! but the question is if it does will the route be trustable?
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Tomtom server error Reply with quote

I've tried last night and this morning to buy the latest Central and WE maps via this method using home 2.4 only to told that there is an error with the tomtom servers. Anyone else getting this?

In fact this is the error I get:

Quote:
ERROR: 203/#https://home.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment: Error from server: There is a problem on the TomTom HOME server, please try again later.
There is a problem on the TomTom HOME server, please try again later.
Server function called: initiatePayment
Error code: 203
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:387
this._doneCallbacks();
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:247
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:58:34 GMT
DanielBrookes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having problems getting my order for quarterly updates through... Status is still "IN PROGRESS". The bank have now confirmed that after making the funds available for several days TomTom never made a request and so the money was not released. Now the bank has kept the money. TomTom on the other hand believe it is just a slow system but admit that there has been a fault somewhere. No problem, this kind of thing can always (Albiet rarely) happen to anybody... So I requested the current order be cancelled and I'd place it again. The lady on the phone suggested that I wait a few days as in order to do this she needs to escalate the matter, which may take up to a week, before she can cancel the order and prevent TomTom from making an attempt to collect any money.

My only concern was a new map coming out in the meantime meaning that instead of paying for 4x map updates I'd have to pay for the a new map too, but the lady confirmed this is very unlikely to happen.

I'll hold out and see whats what, I'd feel alot happier if my order was successful and I was ready to download any maps as and when they appear, but I appreciate that nobody is really at fault here... Just one of those things!
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Windows (Vista) back ups Reply with quote

Regarding Windows Back-ups.

Could some kind soul please explain the series of commands needed to do this properly with Vista?
I have done copy-back ups before that I can never get to restore properly when needed.

Much obliged.
Elastic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I use the Back icon on Home 2.4 the programme crashes.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem or knows how to resolve it.

I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Sad
turbo10
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elastic wrote:
Whenever I use the Back icon on Home 2.4 the programme crashes.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem or knows how to resolve it.

I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Sad

TT just released an update for Home 2.4 ( V2.4.104 ) maybe worth trying that.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25

Jump to: