Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: GPS Reply with quote

I have just purchased a Xtron in dash multi media system with 7 inch screen and bluetooth. I have noticed that on the screen I have a touch button for GPS could anyone tell me what it is? when I touch it nothing happens.
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of people are looking at thread but no one answers
Sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it would help if you could post a link to where the actual device you have is being sold - e-bay or somewhere else? - Mike
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Perhaps it would help if you could post a link to where the actual device you have is being sold - e-bay or somewhere else? - Mike

thanks mike, here is the link (hope it works)

Link edited for clarity - Oldboy
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please help, i know i sound thick.
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be inclined to use the 'Ask seller a question' button and see if they have any further info or a link to the manufacturer's site.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you click on the photo on the seller site, there is a massive in depth explanation of what the unit has and does.

It has RDS and Traffic announcements, and it says that 'it has GPS support'.
It also has Bluetooth, and so i assume that you can connect an external GPS device via bluetooth to your unit.

It looks quite a handy piece, can see why you bought it, a lot of different applications in there to get used to though.
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Hi,

If you click on the photo on the seller site, there is a massive in depth explanation of what the unit has and does.

It has RDS and Traffic announcements, and it says that 'it has GPS support'.
It also has Bluetooth, and so i assume that you can connect an external GPS device via bluetooth to your unit.

It looks quite a handy piece, can see why you bought it, a lot of different applications in there to get used to though.

Thanks for your reply 253.
Would my GPS400 have bluetooth? (ok im thick and guess i should know), or is it more so for connecting phones with gps? I can connect my phone via bluetooth and make and receive calls through the unit, but my phone hasnt got gps that i know of.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that it is GPS capable, in as much as that you will need an external adaptor, I have seen other similar units which do advise this wereas this one doesnt, unfortunatley you will have to contact the supplier/manufacture, sugest you look aswell on ebay for units supplied with GPS software, some of these do give added info.
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, the seller got back to me and said as long as there is a video and audio output on my gps then it can be connected.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicky321 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies, the seller got back to me and said as long as there is a video and audio output on my gps then it can be connected.

??!!!

in which case it would only be acting as a 2nd screen for your sat nav... i would ask him again but this time maybe mention something like:

'a gps receiver picks up satellite signals from space, it does not pick up audio and video. can you therefore please let me know how i would go about connecting a gps receiver to this device. would i need a receiver specific to the device or will a general bluetooth gps receiver be compatible. if you do not know i would rather you didn't guess and, in which case, could you give me the contact details for the manufacturer so i can find out myself?'

MaFt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be my take as well, but must say I am not an expert on the products talked about.
But looking at the specs again, I would think that the unit you bought will act as a second - and much larger screen for whatever satnav system you can connect to it.

Looks nice bit of kit though, you've got me thinking about it now, especially if the touch screen mimics the touch screen menus on my satnav. !! can see me spending more money at this rate, I thought there was supposed to be a credit crunch.

Sad
Nicky321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
That would be my take as well, but must say I am not an expert on the products talked about.
But looking at the specs again, I would think that the unit you bought will act as a second - and much larger screen for whatever satnav system you can connect to it.

Looks nice bit of kit though, you've got me thinking about it now, especially if the touch screen mimics the touch screen menus on my satnav. !! can see me spending more money at this rate, I thought there was supposed to be a credit crunch.

Sad

well im glad with it as it is.... i got it for £129.00 so saved myself £110.00. Only originally purchased it as a replacement radio, cd/dvd player, It receives television signals (am thinking of buying a car freeview box to go with it now) and it answers my phone so I cant complain for the money i spent. Will just use my GPS400 for my navigation. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: