Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch 7.480 for GO x20 devices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikewall wrote:
Laughing Seems 7.481 is out any one tried it yet? is it the prodical son the perfect version or just more bugs!

Lets face it can't be worse than 7.480! but dont quote me on that Laughing Out Loud

Now bearing in mind that today is April fool's day............................. Wink Confused
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just loaded 7.481 and can't see any changes whatsoever over 7.40

I am reaching the limit of patience with this organisation. Having had my unit in Holland for 8 weeks with a promise of returning it fully operational as far as RDS-TMC is concerned. I find that the functionality has gone backward.

In the race for market domination and maximum profit in a technology sector that will have a relatively short lifecycle, I believe Tom Tom are releasing product that is far from proven in terms of functionality. They really need to stop promising the world in terms of technology advancements and only release them after full and in depth testing.

Consumers will soon be put off if they purchase products that have less than a year’s life before “the new one comes out”. Spend hard earned pounds on Hardware for Traffic Solutions that just don’t perform to the specification stated by the Company and in the meantime hear of press releases quoting yet another (HD this time) solution to beating traffic congestion.

I for one believe the Company has overstepped the mark by selling a Traffic solution in RDS-TMC that clearly does not perform to specifications (as clearly stated in their manual) and is certainly not fit for purpose. It would appear that desperate releases of software is a panic measure to get an already out of date solution to work, and what’s worse is that they appear to be going backwards.

Mike
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mow wrote:

I for one believe the Company has overstepped the mark by selling a Traffic solution in RDS-TMC that clearly does not perform to specifications (as clearly stated in their manual) and is certainly not fit for purpose.

Mike

mow...I have said this before...Not Fit For Purpose......I will not update my 520T until ALL the faults have been resolved. Today TMC told me I had a 110 minute delay from the M3 Sunbury to Dorchester via M27...I actually got there 20 minutes quicker than planned (All speed limits adhered to)...
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The "One moment please..." problem is still th Reply with quote

nebula wrote:
The "One moment please..." problem is still there in 7481 (9086) which makes this version unusable for me, so I have reverted to 7.221.

you are right ..updated tried to navigate somewhere and one moment please came up straight away .....in my book they should have only been bringing out tt 520's now let alone the 530........ oh hang on they still haven't fixed the 520 yet ??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, Can you supply the exact conditions as to how you planned the route for it to come up with the "One Moment Please" message, it might be handy if a few of us tried the same scenario to trap the error as map dependant or something else? - Mike
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

navigate/address/street and house number/in my case paddock wood and still saying 1 moment please even after reboot
oh and using the latest UK Ireland maps

haven't tried anything else yet
paulonthenet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy, Can you supply the exact conditions as to how you planned the route for it to come up with the "One Moment Please" message, it might be handy if a few of us tried the same scenario to trap the error as map dependant or something else? - Mike

I'm having the "one moment please" message also for any route planned where I'm not entering a street No. or no street numbers are availabe for the location. Once on the "crossing" screen it just sits there. I only bought my 720 on Saturday and am not very pleased! I never had any problems with my old 510.

Is there a way I can flash the unit back to 7.220?

This is my first post so excuse me if this seems like a silly question. Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulonthenet wrote:
Is there a way I can flash the unit back to 7.220?
Go back to page 8 of this thread and you will find some instructions about rolling back the software version to 7,221 which did work. To save you looking too hard simply click Here - remember though please backup your device fully before doing this - Mike
paulonthenet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, just followed your instructions and 7.221 is installed and the problem cured.

Lets hope the next official release solves this problem.

Are there any issues with 7.221 I need to be aware of?
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found out it even worse than before the only thing i can go to is a postcode address and poi's now giving the 1 moment please ......

already written to tomtom about it ,i do suggest everyone else does too
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, have you tried resetting the device then trying this again - I cannot replicate this problem on my 720 with the same software release, but I did reset it earlier today - Mike
ricchop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: TomTom 7.481 Reply with quote

I recently updated my TomTom 720 with application version 7.480 and found it littered with bugs i.e. The Sat signal strength was very weak with no fix from inside my home address, I was unable to navigate to an address without a house number or to a crossing as the 720 showed "one moment please". I was unable to navigate to a POI as again the 720 showed "one moment please". I was able to alternate between the crossing and POI faults by resetting the unit several times. I quickly reverted back to application version 7.221. As a multi drop courier covering drivers in areas I do not know I need my sat nav with the latest maps and software.
I have just updated to version 7.481 and straight away I discovered once again I can not get a signal from inside my house this has never been a problem with version 7.221. I then found once again I was unabe to navigate to a POI, a Crossing or a street without a house number the unit simply hangs on "one moment please". I did not investigate any further I reverted straight back to version 7.221.
Smartdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Andy, have you tried resetting the device then trying this again - I cannot replicate this problem on my 720 with the same software release, but I did reset it earlier today - Mike

I can replicate the fault on a 920T with v7.481 and I did a reset and restarted - same result. So there is an issue.

TT Go 6000
Previous Go 920T
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try connecting it back to your PC and the choosing disconnect device from within Home. Let it reboot then choose No when prompted to connect to computer and then power off.

I have found that mine has had all kind of weird errors if not disconnected correctly via Home.

Andy
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my g*d i've just had a close call with my tomtom tried to revert back to the old version and all it did was start up then go blank .push the on button again and die just before password appears ,until i replaced the 9 files downloaded from oldboy PHEW

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 17 of 26

Jump to: