Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My Go 520 greyed out
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My Go 520 greyed out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianbj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: My Go 520 greyed out Reply with quote

When I connect my TT520 to my PC and TT Home comes up on the computer, MyGo 520 under options is greyed out and therefore not accessable. However, when I remove the memory card from the 520 it is then possible to access My Go 520. I have everything which is on the internal memory also on the memory card and have registered it with Tomtom. Can anyone explain why I cannot access the 520 with the memory card installed. Otherwise, everything works fine and I can access photos or anything else on the memory card when it is not connected to the computer and Tomtom Home. I am using the older version of TT Home. Best regards,
Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My Go 520 greyed out Reply with quote

brianbj wrote:
I am using the older version of TT Home. Best regards,
Brian

That could be your problem. At first it seemed like Home v2 just had a different "look" to Home v1, but there seem to be more and more things that only work properly in Home v2.

It would certainly be worth trying installing it. You can always go back to v1 if it doesn't help, but I really think you need to bite the bullet and switch over.

Quote:
When I connect my TT520 to my PC and TT Home comes up on the computer, MyGo 520 under options is greyed out

On v2, the first screen you get when Home starts, is "Please select the device you want to use now" with the internal memory or the SD card as the two choices. Without that, Home probably gets confused.

Quote:
I have everything which is on the internal memory also on the memory card.

If you've got EVERYTHING doubled up on the card, do you realise you aren't using the internal memory at all?
When the TT boots up, if it sees an SD card with the system files on it then it will boot from that, rather than the internal memory.

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
brianbj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your replies. I did try V2 Home but it didn't work on that either.,
Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#I've just realised that in my post above, I messed up the last quote from you and my reply. If you didn't spot it, that might have something to do with it.
Also, Home v2.2 came out yesterday. That's worth a try.
brianbj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I don't really know what you mean you messed up. I did not spot anything. This afternoon I wiped the memory card clean and tried it like that (a blank card ) but with it inserted in the 520 I still would be greyed out on TT Home. I f I took the blank card out then it would allow me to click on "My 520". It seems to be something to do with the fact that it detects the memory card even though it has nothing on it. I have not tried V2.2 as I don't see why it doesn't work onTT Home 1.
I wonder if the above may give any clues.
Brian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brianbj wrote:
Hi Andy,
I don't really know what you mean you messed up. I did not spot anything.

Don't worry about it...as I had it formatted originally, my last reply was included in the quote from you, so I thought you might have missed it. It's correct now.

Quote:
It seems to be something to do with the fact that it detects the memory card even though it has nothing on it.

Yeah, that's sort of the point I was trying to make. The One XL will always try to boot from the card slot if there is a card in it. So a card HAS to have the map and the operating system files etc on it. You said you had copied EVERYTHING from the memory to the card, so the internal memory would be being ignored.

Quote:
I have not tried V2.2 as I don't see why it doesn't work onTT Home 1.

I don't think that Home v1 can cope very well with machines with two sets of storage. Home 2 makes a big point of getting you to choose which storage place you want it to use for that session, before it starts up.
And as most of us are using Home v2.2 anyway, it makes it hard for people to try to emulate what you're doing on their own systems (usually the easiest way to spot where it may be going wrong).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: