Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210 and CheckPoint/UKPostcode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210 and CheckPoint/UKPostcode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paladin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: 2210 and CheckPoint/UKPostcode Reply with quote

Good Evening,

I have the following:
2210, TTN3 V3 (not the 3.01 update), GPS driver 3.01.
The ROM version is 1.10. Additional Software loaded is:
Sprite Backup Pro
BatteryBar 2004
Pocket Mechanic
WisBar
and the SDIO update for 2210 dated 08/04.

All runs fine, but I *DO* like using UKPostcode, very useful. I cannot persuade either Checkpoint 2, 3.2 or the "add in" supplied with UKP to load and run. The 2210 demands a "soft" reset after installation of any of the above and fails to complete the reset process, it just hangs when it appears that the reset bar is at 100%.

Any information to help get this back to normal will be gratefully received. The same combination on a 3970 (the wife's vehicle) performs flawlessly. Oh, yes, I *DO* own 2 copies of everything 8O

Thanks,

Maurice.
dynamite
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maurice,

I'm not sure what could cause this problem... Try the following:

1) Uninstal CheckPOInt,
2) reset the iPAQ,
3) Check if the tomtom interface library has been uninstalled (it is listed as Palmtop BV TTNcontrol)
4) then reinstall CheckPOInt (v3.2 is what I use).

But I admit I am clutching at straws... It looks like there is some sort of registration problem with the tomtom interface library. Cleaning up the install like above might fix it.

Niels
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running the 1.10 2210 ROM? I've seen a few soft resets hang, and I'm currently thinking it's the new ROM, and not any application software. It has taken me 2-4 resets to get the iPAQ back to life occasionalyl Sad

regards,

Greg
Paladin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

Thanks for the response, I am running the 1.1 ROM, but just yesterday I appear to have solved the issue - but only after "perming" software loading order and continual failure with that approach.

Doing the first "uninstall" of the TT GPS Driver seems to have done the job. All software ( and other bits too ) are now running properly and I have been able to back up and restore to both CF and SD cards whilst both cards are simultaneously present.

Interestingly, this has also assisted a work colleague today - he was seeing similar (but different) symptoms and the "uninstall" of the GPS driver has solved his problem as well.

When my 2210 failed to restore, it just continued to fail despite many attempts to reset it.

Regards,

Maurice. :D 8)
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice,

TomTom have now issued the 2210 fix - which seems to be more to do with GPS 3.01 than Navigator 3.01. The fix is GPS 3.02 and Navigator 3.01, both of which are now listed as resolving the 2210 issue.

I suggest you download both and upgrade your system to see if it helps any (or, indeed, makes things worse - do hang on to Navigator 3.00 and GPS 3.01!). Keep listening to Niels, too - he knows what he's talking about!

David
Paladin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

All versions are as you describe already. What I wanted to do was have a backup on CF (or SD - or both) that would avoid having to reinstall all my apps in the event of a "catastrophic failure". My reply to Niels seems to have got lost in the server move.
Interestingly, I had a response from TomTom Support suggesting that the type of backup I wanted to make was not allowed ie
"You will need to reinstall our software after the restoration. There is no other solution at this time and this also helps protect our software license."
UNQUOTE

Seems I know better on this particular subject !!! :D

The one thing I should have, but didn't. try was to revert to the GPS 2.07 driver which seems to be much less aggressive.

Ah well, now I have achieved my objective, I shall play around this weekend and see what else can/cannot be achieved.

Thanks to all who contributed ideas.

Regards,

Maurice. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: