Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S50, how to navigate to a custom POI?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S50, how to navigate to a custom POI?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalsjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: S50, how to navigate to a custom POI? Reply with quote

I just got the S50 and loaded some custom POI-files into it. But I can't figure out how to search for them either by their name, category or with the function "nearest from my position". They show up in the menu where I set which POIs that should be visible on the map, but nowhere else.

Isn't it possible to navigate to your custom POIs? That's the whole idea with them!

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
/Karl
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: S50, how to navigate to a custom POI? Reply with quote

kalsjo wrote:
I just got the S50 and loaded some custom POI-files into it. But I can't figure out how to search for them either by their name, category or with the function "nearest from my position". They show up in the menu where I set which POIs that should be visible on the map, but nowhere else.

Isn't it possible to navigate to your custom POIs? That's the whole idea with them!

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
/Karl

Welcome to the Forum & the Navman ranks. I hope you have downloaded a Manual...the answer to you question is on page 27.
This is the first part of the instruction which then goes on to give an example as follows.
"How do I search for a Point of Interest (POI)?
A POI is a named site, feature, landmark or public venue which can be displayed as an icon on the map. POIs are
grouped by type, such as petrol stations, parks, beaches and museums.
Select a POI using the Destination Search, Keyboard and Preview screens, which used together form a POI-entry
wizard.
Tip: You can also quickly search for certain POIs based upon your current location via the Main Menu screen.
This section provides a case study to help guide you through finding or setting your POI as a destination.
Quick Steps
1. Open the Destination Search screen
2. Select a country
3. Search for the City/Area
4. Search for a POI
5. Tap
(icon shown)"

Graham
kalsjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: S50, how to navigate to a custom POI? Reply with quote

Yes, I have read all about it in the manual! And it didn't help!

Today, I called Navman support in the UK, and it turns out there is a bug in the software which (until a new release of the software is available) requires Windows XP to be set to the English language when uploading POI-files to the GPS device. Since I am using the Swedish version of Windows, the POI-files were NOT visible either in NavDesk or in the GPS-device although they were loaded into it.

So, if you are using a non-English version of Windows; just change the language/regional preferences to English and then restart your PC. After that there's no problem to upload the custom POI-files to your GPS-device.

The new software release for NavDesk and the S-series, which takes care of this problem, should be available within a couple of days.

/Karl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: