Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Favourite Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourite Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick002 wrote:
hi, thanks for the URL's, am running Tyre with Google earth, as I used to plan routes in Google maps & print out this is a natural step. This seems to give me just what I want, using 6 waypoints gets me across country on "my route"

Waymarks placed on Google, start to finish, using calculate shows route, additional waypoints can be added to stop TT taking unwanted diversions, the itinerary is then saved and can be copied to the TT at the click of a button, then off we go. Clap

Well, yes, sort of....

Not all of us travel with computers so it takes advanced planning. Now that I think about it, I guess I should plan a reverse Itinerary to find those obscure intersections on the way back.

But then again, some of this tech stuff takes the spontaneity out of travels unless we just use it when appropriate. Many years ago, I traveled from NYC to Maine using back roads and the general proposition of: right turn, left turn, right turn left turn till I got there - it was a fun trip. And another time I was looking at a PAPER (free back then) road map and saw this faint dotted line crossing the Sierra Mts in Calif. Upon inquiry I learned it was a hiking trail and off I went - a 9 day hiking adventure, spur of the moment.

But I do like these itinerary tools that help the gps do what WE WANT!
gahooduk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: google map and tomtom wrong Reply with quote

both google and tom tom have a ferry between felixstowe and bawdsey across the debden that has not run since 1958 as a car ferry. it is in fact a foot passenger ferry

Does anyone know if the latest 7.132 map still thinks its a car ferry? as when tom tom or google users post a route to my holiday cottagethat i i rent they end up 15 miles by road away from the cottage being on the opposite bank of the debden....and no car ferry..then get annnoyed we me for not telling them google maps and tomtomn is wrong

do goolge change their maps is you tell them its wrong?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: google map and tomtom wrong Reply with quote

gahooduk wrote:
both google and tom tom have a ferry between felixstowe and bawdsey across the debden that has not run since 1958 as a car ferry. it is in fact a foot passenger ferry

Does anyone know if the latest 7.132 map still thinks its a car ferry? as when tom tom or google users post a route to my holiday cottagethat i i rent they end up 15 miles by road away from the cottage being on the opposite bank of the debden....and no car ferry..then get annnoyed we me for not telling them google maps and tomtomn is wrong

do goolge change their maps is you tell them its wrong?

The "Ferry Road" at N51.98966 E1.39346 shows as a road on map version 7.162 though mapshare updates have blocked it from being used. Therefore, any routes planned in the area will avoid the ferry. Smile

Both Google and TomTom get the mapping data from TeleAtlas. In theory, this update should get back to them to correct on the next map.
Brodit ProClip mount
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: google map and tomtom wrong Reply with quote

gahooduk wrote:
Does anyone know if the latest 7.132 map still thinks its a car ferry?
I believe the latest Map is 7.10. Confused

GerryC wrote:
The "Ferry Road" at N51.98966 E1.39346 shows as a road on map version 7.162
.... and that's the software version. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: google map and tomtom wrong Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
GerryC wrote:
The "Ferry Road" at N51.98966 E1.39346 shows as a road on map version 7.162
.... and that's the software version. Wink

I realised that this morning and was thinking which one of you was going to point it out. Embarassed My result was from a v710 map.
Brodit ProClip mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: