Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - bc-307 compact flash install help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

bc-307 compact flash install help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsonjohnny4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: bc-307 compact flash install help Reply with quote

new to this so go easy just got a gps bc-307 compact flash how do i go about insalling it insructions or not very helpfull on cd what it came with

ive put into test program and set com port to 5 cf-card-generic and baud rate 4800 and prest cold start and the gps output data starts

how long does it take to setup

and iam i doing the right thing to install gps compact flash

thanks for and help but can you put it in plain english

johnsonjohnny4
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine took around 10 minutes to get first fix out of the box, with good view of the sky (ie. outdoors).

Sounds like you're doing the right thing with your install though. In fact I think the only thing you're waiting for is the satellites to get a fix.

Where abouts in NE are you ?
johnsonjohnny4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that sorted know just i need to know sometime iam a bit ahead of instructions from tomtom sometimes i get to a junction and it tells me to turn left/right when iam at the junction any way to chance this?

thanks

johnsonjohnny4
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm - for me TomTom tells me ahead of the junction, and again at the junction (most of the time at least) giving me warning according to currently detected speed and road type.

You being slightly ahead of TomTom suggests that either you're driving at more than 951knots or that your satellite fix isn't totally accurate..... are you using the external antenna on your GPS ? If you are, where are you siting it ? It needs a clear view of the sky to give best results (and always gets in a tangle after a trip through the Tyne Tunnel Laughing)
johnsonjohnny4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think i might have it sorted just uped the speed limit a bit the only slight problem iam haveing is when i put a direction to go to one place i go allot it trys to take me on some road that i know is longer way round to the same place i want to go i thought tomtom does the best way but this road it wants me to go is narrow lanes and winding roads when the road what is quicker and a better road it only shows when i change direction to drive along it and it works another route out

any way to change thing like this just iam trying it out in my car first to get the feel of things but things like this is no good for my hgv

thanks

johnny4
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of upping the limits try reducing them this will usually keep you on larger roads

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: