Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Legend Cx Backtrac problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Legend Cx Backtrac problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrumph
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Legend Cx Backtrac problem Reply with quote

Hallo. my first post, and I'm a fairly new GPS user.

I have a Legend Cx, which I have so far used twice. The first time, everything went well. I created a track in Tracklogs, loaded it into the GPS, and cycled round it in Tracback mode, using the compass arrow display. This is my preferred way of using the device, and worked very well for me; my reading vision isn't good enough to follow a map on a small screen while bumping along the poorly surfaced lanes of Hertfordshire.

Yesterday, however... I had created another track and loaded it as before. However, on asking the GPS to Tracback, it refused to use the loaded track, instead insisting on trying to work out a route for me.

Page 30 of the Legend Cx manual mentions a "Follow Track" mode, which I will always want to use, but I could find no way of accessing it yesterday (whereas the previous week, that seemed to be the default mode). My attempts to reset navigation defaults have so far failed to bring back Follow Track mode.

In between the two occasions, I loaded some more detailed mapping to a new micro SD card, and changed some minor display options (e.g. to orientate the map display to North at top). I didn't think I had done anything very drastic...

Please, if there is a way to recover Follow Track mode (or to reset all factory defaults), can somebody tell me how?
PaulDV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Track back Reply with quote

Hi , on my etrex if i dont select beginning to end and end to beginning it wont save and let me track back ,hope this helps ,how does the legend stand up , can you download any map to the sd card as i am looking to upgrade , Paul.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: