Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 6 on Nokia E65
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 6 on Nokia E65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonjensen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 6 on Nokia E65 Reply with quote

Hi. I've got TomTom Navigator 6 running on my Symbian Series 60 Nokia. I've checked the list of devices to see which database version to download & there doesn't seem to be a version compatible with this TomTom version. Is that correct? Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcom to the forum, if its the speed camera database you are after simply use the TomTom ov2 file type as all TomTom software use the same POI data. Or are you after spoken camera warnings for your software ? - Mike
jonjensen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I think just the camera database. Thanks very much for the speedy reply. Would it be helpful to have the Symbian compatibility noted in the compatibility file?
jonjensen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having looked at the files I'm not clear which database set would be most appropriate on a Nokia smartphone. Also, presumably I just remove the existing speed camera files on the device. I've noticed there is a .ver version of each camera file which is not replicated in the download from this site. What does that one do? Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would copy the TomTom Speed camera files from your phone to the PC where tey can remain as a back-up should you ever need them again, once you have the files on the PC simply remove the TomTom camera files from the phone.

The PGPSW database does not contain the .ver files as these are not required, for a custom POI Category all that is needed is the .bmp file (which is the icon) and the .ov2 file which is the actual database of positions.

The actual type of database you download depends on what you want from the device in way of a warning, the single file data set contains every camera type and location in a single file - you get a warning of a camera location only

The Consolidated by type breaks the database in to the different camera types, so you get a different warning for Mobiles, Gatso, Redlight, temp, Specs.

Then there is the Speed Zoned where you get a warning of the type of camera AND the applicable speed for the camera you are about to pass, this is by far the most comprehensive set-up and if you combine this with the spoken alerts you can get very informative warnings from the unit - Mike
jonjensen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all your help today Mike :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: