Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lifetime membership following speed camera submission
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lifetime membership following speed camera submission
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted lots of fixed cameras on the continent, and I was the first to post any locations in switzerland, (fat use that is now!)

I was wondering when PGPSW will be sending a verifier to the abroad to check my locations? Apparently DennisN is next in line for a verification run, mabye he'll do it Wink

I'm not overly concerned yet but my subscription is almost due and I still have my fingers crossed :D

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
bmuskett I'm sorry that your post in the other thread wasn't replied to but if anything it does indicate that the issue was confused and we weren't all singing from the same hymn sheet! As I have said above though, we did honour removal notifications with lifetime subscriptions because the error was ours but having now amended those pages that contained incorrect information about the requirements for qualification will no longer do so going forward.

OK, apology accepted. I'm slightly worried though that this is another change you've made without telling anyone. Like removing 1000 odd mobiles from the database. Don't you think you should be a bit more up front about these changes?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't no. The 1000 mobiles issue that you mention has been explained at length many times previously and as you know, they are now available in the pMobile file.

With regard to the amendment, we have simply brought some conflicting statements into line with the policy that has always been our official line. We weren't seeking to change anything, merely to correct an error.

However, notwithstanding the above, we are discussing options to expand the qualification criteria to encompass other factors. This will make it more inclusive and allow members a greater possibility of qualifying for the lifetime subscription.

Last edited by Darren on Wed May 23, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
I've posted lots of fixed cameras on the continent, and I was the first to post any locations in switzerland, (fat use that is now!)

I was wondering when PGPSW will be sending a verifier to the abroad to check my locations? Apparently DennisN is next in line for a verification run, mabye he'll do it Wink

I'm not overly concerned yet but my subscription is almost due and I still have my fingers crossed :D

There is no time limit on submissions of new cameras. As soon as we received a verification report or independent notification then if you were the first you will receive the lifetime subscription automatically.

Sadly whilst I'd love to have an excuse to visit and verify them I'm too busy and recruiting local verifiers in Switzerland isn't as easy as it might once have been!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:

Hah!! I wish. Funnily enough, last September on the last day working before departing on the Grande European Toure, I noticed in one transport company's despatch bay an envelope addressed to somewhere in Switzerland. I offered to deliver it in 48 hours, but they declined.

It has taken me a long time to twig Idea that your submissions are useless because they don't allow us to have them on our satnavs - so you gave the site a poking pig! Plus I've just twigged Idea that you're suggesting sending me off on a fool's errand - please note I have recently graduated from fool to pDumbo.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
It has taken me a long time to twig Idea that your submissions are useless because they don't allow us to have them on our satnavs.

Only if they catch you ;)
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow crud! Looks like I'll have to keep verifying my own submissions, or I could send a small deer to switzerland express with DennisN, but he'll have to run over it a few times to reduce the costs! Any luck? Laughing

You could then be a pEmpoté. [french]

Last edited by mostdom on Wed May 23, 2007 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I don't no. The 1000 mobiles issue that you mention has been explained at length many times previously and as you know, they are now available in the pMobile file.

But that only happened after a fuss was kicked up when someone noticed the missing mobiles. You took them out without telling anyone.

Darren wrote:
With regard to the amendment, we have simply brought some conflicting statements into line with the policy that has always been our official line. We weren't seeking to change anything, merely to correct an error.

I would say that the official line was that which was published on your web site for the world to see, and was being quoted as the policy on the forums here. No-one from PGPSW came along then and said "Well actually that's not right and we need to correct it", you just quietly amended it. Don't you see the problem of doing things that way? Obviously not from your opening response above.

Darren wrote:
However, notwithstanding the above, we are discussing options to expand the qualification criteria to encompass other factors. This will make it more inclusive and allow members a greater possibility of qualifying for the lifetime subscription.

That will be welcome. But what I'm worried about is the way you (don't) publicise changes.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
You could then be a pEmpoté. [french]

Only when I empote little deer paté, mein fröhlich brave. :D

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmuskett wrote:
But that only happened after a fuss was kicked up when someone noticed the missing mobiles. You took them out without telling anyone.

As has been laboured over at length, they were only included by accident and the fuss arose when we realised our mistake and removed them! I was against the creation of the pMobile file and its been a headache ever since. Many don't use it and few of those who kicked up the fuss bother to contribute to confirm the cameras despite the promises made at the time.

Quote:
I would say that the official line was that which was published on your web site for the world to see, and was being quoted as the policy on the forums here.

In which case our 'Official Line' varied depending on which particular page you read hence our change to clarify the issue!
Quote:

That will be welcome. But what I'm worried about is the way you (don't) publicise changes.

You are free to worry about whatever you choose. I don't agree that we have done anything underhand here.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
You do NOT get a free membership for spotting Eddies.
You do NOT get a free membership for spotting Lifeboats.

aaaaaaawwwwww Sad

I thought it was a game of I-spy - C for camera Confused

Did someone stop the game before we got to E for Eddie or L for Lifeboat?

I'm not playing this game anymore - I'm going to sulk and sulk until I spot a camera first.

It was only a tease anyway because if you remember back to the Free Subscription thread, I think you'll find that I wrote War and Peace justifying the £2/month or £19/year (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=55480) - but so many other people are trying it on, I thought I'd have a go too Smile

I knew that DennisN would have a 'pop' at me, did he get free membership for deer spotting? Laughing

Damn, I bet it was DennisN who stopped the game - D for DEER comes between C for Camera and E for Eddie...killjoy - I hope that thief returns his CD collection now just to be spiteful Exclamation Laughing
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Only when I empote little deer paté, mein fröhlich brave. :D

ooh german it is now! Lets see!
Quote:
Only when I pdumbo little deer pate, my cheerfully fine.

No, you lost me there! You're making as much sense as starman.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're straying off topic here chaps! Dennis, you always seem to be involved when this occurs, go and wait outside my office ;)
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
We're straying off topic here chaps! Dennis, you always seem to be involved when this occurs, go and wait outside my office ;)

Well it would be him wouldn't it, He's already got free membership!
Rolling Eyes

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
That's just what I've been thinking - I've been feeling your breath down my neck for days now! Would you believe I've actually been trying to behave? But this thread was getting a bit too heavy, don't you think?
And let's face it - an Eddie Spotter??? And Mr Jolly's French - "empoter" - to fill things, like pots or jars of pate, which can be done empote (clumsily) and his German, wherein "frohlich" = "jolly" and brave is reversion back to French (it's the way I tell 'em). He might be well aware, so the translations will benefit all those who are not there yet - apologies for lack of proper accents as appropriate, still haven't found Character Map on the MacBook (which is why I haven't yet told you my Greek joke about the Irishman and his wellies). 8)
mostdom wrote:
Well it would be him wouldn't it, He's already got free membership!
Don't say that - it means he could revoke it and I couldn't claim a penny!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: