Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI category sort order
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI category sort order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveF1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: POI category sort order Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a repeat question or one covered in the FAQs somewhere - I've searched with little joy ! How do the POI Categories sort? On my i3 they won't appear in Alphabetical order. I've tried deleting the POIs from the loader folder (except one csv), reloading to remove from the i3 and then recreating in the POI loader folder. On reloading again they appear in semingly random order.....
DaveF1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it that's a no then Sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They normally sort in Alphabetical order.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sort them in alphabetical order on your computer then transfer them. i THINK it puts them in the order they were transferred in.

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried loading them in reverse Alphabetical order and they still appear in alphabetical order on the i3.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... not sure then...

however, i know that it puts csv files on their first before gpx files so maybe you have a mixture of file types?

MaFt
Paddywack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar aspect was discussed here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43155&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=poi+order

I first tried adding a number in front of each csv file. They loaded in numerical order but also added a speed limit (equivalent to the number included in the file) to each POI. Most confusing and resulting in far to many bings and bongs even at very low speeds.

I then tried adding a letter in front of each csv file and they now load in the order that I can control. Whilst this methiod is a bit cumbersome it is effective in getting the most wanted files listed first.
DaveF1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm uploading gpx and csv files, latest speed camera db (using Camera Manager) and POIs.

I've just tried moving the POIs out of the upload directory leaving the speed camera db (gpx and bmp files), uploading this separately, moving the POIs back, sorting (in windows explorer) in alphabetical oder and then uploading again. This time all of the Categories are in order apart from Zoos which appears first (before Aldi, Argos etc) and the gpx files (which as suggested by MaFt sort last). Why? Bug in POI loader?

I can live with Zoos listed before all the other categories, as long as all the others are in a decent order, just curious to know what's going on !

Cheers Cheers!

DaveF
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know any priests? i think your software may need exorcising...!!

MaFt
MAD-OL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a similar topic to no help also. But have finally figured the problem out on my Nuvi so may work on your I3.

Have found that it is not alphabetical on mine because of order the POI`s were put into the folder i was using.

I.E if i put an Argos folder in the folder i was to download from then a Zoo folder then a Comet folder the outcome would be in that order

Argos
Zoo
Comet

It does not help if you just put all files into another folder in alphabetical order ether. So i took time and moved one by one into the folder i was downloading from and hey presto all in alphabetical order on my Nuvi.

Don`t know if it will help with I3 but it does make it easier to find things by name now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: