Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest 2 2.90 update froze my unit 3 times today!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest 2 2.90 update froze my unit 3 times today!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Quest 2 2.90 update froze my unit 3 times today!! Reply with quote

Well after trying once to install the 2.90 update that I was emailed from Garmin today, I froze my unit. It said on a black screen udating uploader. And that was it. Couldnt turn off or reset using power/page/ok buttons simulataneously, no luck. I called gARMIN THEY HAD ME TRY A BUNCH OF THINS, NO LUCK. Then they arranged for me to ship it in for warranty work. I was upset because I would lose all my poi, locations, etc. :x So I tried a few more things, then trioed loading an older udate, like 2.3 on it, and guess what it took. I then updated back to 2.80, then tried for the 2.90, then it froze it again!!! So I went back, and put 2.30, then up to 2.80 again, and like a dumb dumb, I tried 2.90 again, same thing froze her solid. :x I went through again, this time I left it on 2.80, and it will stay there until they figure this out, this is obviously on their end. Has anyone had similar happen?? Has anyone successfully uploaded 2.90?? It sucks, cause the Daylight Savings Time glitch I am stuck w/, but oh well, better than losing all my data and sending it in I guess. Crying or Very sad
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8

Don't quite get it, why are you stuck with the DayLightSaving now? I know that the US had that silly idea of extending the ST for some weeks, but now that weeks it started early must be over I think and the Q2 should be correct again, isn't it?

To your freezing problem, I've seen that they also put up new USB drivers on the download page of the Q2, did you install those as well? Just a guess, didn't try the update yet and don't know it the driver update helps.

BeatO

PS: Quest 2 Updates
skellum
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Quest 2 2.90 update froze my unit 3 times today!! Reply with quote

Bill_D wrote:
Well after trying once to install the 2.90 update that I was emailed from Garmin today, I froze my unit. It said on a black screen udating uploader. And that was it. Couldnt turn off or reset using power/page/ok buttons simulataneously, no luck. I called gARMIN THEY HAD ME TRY A BUNCH OF THINS, NO LUCK. Then they arranged for me to ship it in for warranty work. I was upset because I would lose all my poi, locations, etc. :x So I tried a few more things, then trioed loading an older udate, like 2.3 on it, and guess what it took. I then updated back to 2.80, then tried for the 2.90, then it froze it again!!! Crying or Very sad

Same thing happened to me twice - will keep to 2.80 for the time being - had upgraded the USB drivers first!...
adrianh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to 2.90 last night without any problems !!

Adrian
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8s

Reading through the above posts, and after doing the update in about 30 seconds on my Q2 without any problem, it looks like this seems to be the case on the US units and not the European units.
Bill_D is from Chicago and skellum I don't know, but those two didn't have any success on doing the update.
On the other hand, adrianh from the UK and myself from CH didn't have any problems.
So this looks either the problem is related to the unit model sold in the US vs. the European one, or the built-in map US vs. European, which as well is the main difference to the US vs. European model.

I've got the CityNavigatorEuropeNTv9 on my unit. What do you guys have on there?

BeatO
Bill_D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into 2 other U.S. users that have givin up on the 2.90 upgrade. Keeps freezing unit during loading, so Beato, I think you are onto something. I emailed Garmin about this, have not gotten any reply. Dunno.
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us posted if you get an answer, M8!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: