Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do we put forward upgrade ideas for Garmin Nuvi 660?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do we put forward upgrade ideas for Garmin Nuvi 660?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie771
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: How do we put forward upgrade ideas for Garmin Nuvi 660? Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have been a Garmin user for over 10 years now and would condsider myself a proficient user; as both a Soldier of 16+ years and a driver using in car Sat nav of 6+ years. (I started with a laptop on passenger seat with Auto route connected to a gps12 xl!)

Anyway I have recently purchased the excellent Nuvi 660 after 2 wonderful years with my 2610.

I am really happy apart from 2 things!! (Minor)

1. Why can we not have the current speed displayed on map view whilst navigating? The screen is HUGE!!! more than enough space for an extra side tab. Interestingly it shows current speed in map view if not navigating to a waypoint (sorry, favourite!).

2. Can we have a TMC green light in the corner of the screen? So I don't have to look down to the 12v socket (taking my eye off the road).

I am hoping that one of you guys has a contact at Garmin that could sort this out with an easy firmware upgrade?

I have sent them an e mail, however I have been told that there needs to be a demand for an upgrade, here's our chance.....

Who know's if you guys agree with me I could send the thread link and we can make a change... Worth a try.

Many Thanks

Richie

Nuvi 660 - 1st team
E Trex Venture CX with 1 GB SD (Great back up) - 2nd 11!

2610 with 2GB C/F - R.I.P (Miss you) - Why did they never fit an internal battery?
E Trex yellow - R.I.P
GPS MAP76C - R.I.P - Why only 8MB Mapping!!!
GPS 72 - R.I.P
GPS 12 XL - R.I.P
GPS 12 - R.I.P
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie771 wrote:
Quote:
2. Can we have a TMC green light in the corner of the screen? So I don't have to look down to the 12v socket (taking my eye off the road).

Lets go for it Richie.

I think this a great idea, my cig' lighter is totally hidden, so I can't see the green light at all, so any clue that it is on would be a help.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
MarkieT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: How do we put forward upgrade ideas for Garmin Nuvi 660? Reply with quote

[quote="richie771"]
1. Why can we not have the current speed displayed on map view whilst navigating? The screen is HUGE!!! more than enough space for an extra side tab. Interestingly it shows current speed in map view if not navigating to a waypoint (sorry, favourite!).

Hi Richie,

I 2nd that, I think those are both good ideas, I forever quickly taping the Menu Button on the Screen just to see if the Blue Diamond's lit, as for the Speed, I agree with that too, having the Speed as well displayed on the Screen when Navigating would be very useful!!!

Cheers

MarkT.

Garmin 660FM
Nuvi 3598 LMT D - Firmware 4.40
iPhone 5S CoPilot Live
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they may actually add current speed to the 660 as their previous responses for the other units has been that they did not want to take up too much of the screen on the other units. as you rightly say, the 660 screen is huge on width so why not make more use of it?

just out of interest, how much difference does the extra width make? i always find i want more space above the screen so i can see ahead of where i am, not on the back alleys next to me...!

MaFt
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we put forward upgrade ideas for Garmin Nuvi 660? Reply with quote

MarkieT wrote:

Yes please... In fact something like the TT display would be nice. There's room at the side on the widescreen for a vertical bar showing where (In proporation to you & destination) the holdups are... They could show there, current TMC recv status & freq, a vertical line with colours for clear/holdup, maybe use width to show speed (Wider red for holdup? Narrower green for no hold up, use yellow & orange as well for congestion without slowdown etc).

Then at the top make that semi transparent...

AND SHOW THE TRAFFIC ON THE MAP!!! That really annoyed me about the TT only having traffic on your actual planned route shown... It's too late to show you an alternate road is blocked if it only does it when you turn off (Yes, sometimes I do turn off the planned route. For lots of reasons).

Not having ANY traffic shown on the route is a real pain... In fact without it the TMC is almost useless (Completely useless when you consider that the TT500 had better traffic and that was usually 2 hours out of date & used an Internet feed, when it bothered to show it at all).

H

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: