Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one v2 backup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one v2 backup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikerobertson_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: tomtom one v2 backup Reply with quote

can anyone tell me where the backup files will be on my pc? my tomtom one v2 went funny yesterday and when i tried to do a restore it failed on all the back ups id made over the few months for some reason.so to get it working ive copied my wifes sd card from her tomtom one v2 onto my tomtom one v2 sd card to get it up and going but id rather have it back to normal with the copy from tomtom.

it looks like my usbs are on the way out on my pc so im thinking find the back ups put them on a cd then put them on the wifes laptop and stick my tomtom one on her laptop and recover it that way
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start TomTom Home then from TomTom Home select File/ Preferences, select the Advanced Tab and the location (File Path) for the back-ups will be shown - Mike
mikerobertson_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Many thanks Reply with quote

for getting back to me so fast
:D
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help similar problem, just tried to make a back up copy of the software on my new tt one v2, used the supplied tt home software, made my back up copy, transferred it to my new sd card, sd card is showing as having accepted the full TT software written to it but for some reason when I put this card into the TT unit itself I get the sd card with the red cross display shwoing on screen.

Help what am I doing wrong ??
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did your "new" card come from? - it needs to be of a certain quality to work correctly with the hardware, cheap cards tend to have a slower read/ write speed (some even claim a higher speed than they are capable of working at) - if the card isn't up to the job the hardware rejects the card and you get the resultant red flashing X on the boot screen - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Where did your "new" card come from? - it needs to be of a certain quality to work correctly with the hardware, cheap cards tend to have a slower read/ write speed (some even claim a higher speed than they are capable of working at) - if the card isn't up to the job the hardware rejects the card and you get the resultant red flashing X on the boot screen - Mike

Okay thanks mike, the card is a 2gb one from " mymemory " there own brand version, rated as having a speed off 133x.

anyway all done !!! copied the original card contents into a new folder on the desktop and then copy / pasted onto the new backup sd card rather than doing it thru the Tomtom home software, not sure why it did not work this way but whatever it was seemed it prefered to work without doing it thru tt home ??!!

I take it there is not a direct way off copying the back up software from the tt home software ?? ie. I backed up the original software onto my tt home software and then went into " my computer " and the programme itself was there, I did not see an option within the tt home software itself to send too card- is there ??
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jono4000 wrote:
I did not see an option within the tt home software itself to send too card- is there ??
It's on the left of the Screen and called Restore Backup. ;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: