Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Provisional Camara Category
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Provisional Camara Category

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: New Provisional Camara Category Reply with quote

Good Morning

I have a go 500 running on 5.420. I use I have been working with the 24 file speed cameras for the past year or so. I also have other POIs.

Since loading the new update this wek with the provisional POIs my Go has become really unstable. I have to set up the warnings every time I turn it on. Also it reverts to showing all the built in POI categories every time I power down.

My guess is that with the new OV2 files for the provisional camaras my machine is now exceeding the number of POIs it can handle. Does that sound possible?

Is there any way around this or should I simply not load the provisional cameras?

Thanks

Tony
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the .cfg File in the Map Folder has suddenly gone Read Only.

Connect up to the PC and check the Properties of the File. If the Read-only Box is ticked un-tick it.

Another thing to check is the switch on the side of the SD Card. Make sure it is pushed towards the contacts.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

off the top of my head v5 of the tomtom software has a lower limit for the number of poi ctegories? i think the newer software has a limit of 100. like i say, this is just from memory and a forum search for 'tomtom poi limits' will give you a better answer!

MaFt
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again

I just upgraded to 6.5 but it makes no difference. The config file was not write protected and the SD card works fine.

I dod notice that the current config file was much smaller than in my previous back ups. I trierd replaceing it with one of these but it won't let me. I have now deleted it altogether and will try to rebuildd.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: