Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6.030 Exception Error!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6.030 Exception Error!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountaineer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to previous posts, I'm running TT6 version 6.03 on a Dell x50v without any problems.
Originally the program was installed to main memory; I then 'cut and pasted' the 'Navigator' file to built-in memory, altered the shortcuts and it has worked fine.
I have European maps installed on a 2GB SD card.
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just a case of copying all the files to the SD and overwriting any existing ones with the same name?

Most of the files in the V6.6 map have the same names as in the V5 map but are much larger in size due to having a lot more detail in them.

I don't know if TTN has any config files telling it the exact name of the map files?
mutley282
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after all I have said, I might have fixed it! Wink

It is too early to say for definate as I haven't used TT for long enough to be truly sure but everything appears to be down to the SD card itself.

I used to run TT3 and then TT5 on a small SD (a PQI 512MB) and I used this card for 18 months without a single problem. Then I changed to a 2GB Kingston SD and also upgraded to TTN6 at the same time. Ever since then I have had crashing problems. As gekko said memory cards can introduce problems of their own.

I have now revived the 512MB PQI SD and loaded TT6.030 and nothing else onto it. I have put all the speedcams, voices, schemes e.t.c. on to this card exactly as on the Kingston card. The PQI shows no problems whatsoever so far.

The giveaway is the mobile camera .ogg warnings where the warning now completes right to the end of the sentence rather than having the last couple of seconds chopped off.

I remember many moons ago I had a slow (40x?) CF card which I could not use to play music through the Dell. The music kept stuttering and yet would play perfectly from a different card. I put this down to a 40x CF card not being fast enough to stream .mp3 files and I fear I may have experienced the same thing with the Kingston SD with TT6. Unfortunately there is no speed rating marked on the Kingston card to tell how fast it is.

I need to run TT for longer periods of time to become fully confident but so far so good, with the PQI SD card everything works as it should!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: