Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help Please With Custom Warnings poi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please With Custom Warnings poi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Help Please With Custom Warnings poi Reply with quote

Hi all, ive been reading the link with part of the file ive copied below

For each of your OV2 files, create a warning sound in OGG format with exactly the same name. So if you have a BP.ov2 file, create a BP.ogg fileand place it in the same map folder. (We recommend 22050 Hz sampling rate but it should not matter)

Ie to the above can anybody give me more detailed instructions, also has anybody got theese working ok ( your own custom warnings on Nokia N80?.

Any Help please Please.....ie how do you record/convert/place etc.....

Regards from brian
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please With Custom Warnings poi Reply with quote

readroo wrote:
create a warning sound in OGG format ...

Ie to the above can anybody give me more detailed instructions
There is a thread giving details of how to do this. Do you have a specific question?
readroo wrote:
also has anybody got theese working ok ( your own custom warnings on Nokia N80?.
From the FAQ here
Quote:
Note this method is known to work with TomTom Go products and TomTom Navigator software versions 5,x and 6,x are supported, TomTom Mobile cannot use this method.
Merry Xmas

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
readroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Hi and thanx Reply with quote

Hi, yes ive read that thread and and still a little confused, ok i have tomtom navigator 6 on a nokia n80, and want to no if i can customise the voices , ie make your own that are shown in the thread,

By looking at it, it seems you can and loks superb, but what i dont understand is, how do you record your own voice alert? ie is it from your phone using record, then do you convert the amr file to ogg? then what do you do with the files ( ogg ) am i correct in saying you replace the data.chk with the 1 single ogg file that i have made?

Think im completely of the wrong track and am sure it is simpler than im making out, PLEASE , Help...

Regards from brian
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Please With Custom Warnings poi Reply with quote

BGF wrote:
readroo wrote:
also has anybody got theese working ok ( your own custom warnings on Nokia N80?.
From the FAQ here
Quote:
Note this method is known to work with TomTom Go products and TomTom Navigator software versions 5,x and 6,x are supported, TomTom Mobile cannot use this method.
Merry Xmas
I don't believe the ogg file method will work on your N80. You would have to use the old data.chk method. The details, or at least the links to the details, are also in the link above.

I doubt that the recording quality on your phone would give you a satisfactory sound quality. Do you really want your own voice giving you the warning, or do you just want to change from the bells & whistles? If you do want your own voice, I think there is also a link to Audacity which would allow you to record your own on a PC.

Merry Xmas

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I am unsure if the ogg method works on N80 but I'm think I read somewhere on page 3 of the thread mentioned above that it is.

Anyway, if you are doing the ogg method, go to the FAQ mentioned above and print the file name list gatso20,30,40 & so on as a checklist.

record & convert an alert for all the files named as per database used. Ensure you name them correctly, i.e. Alert "Gatso 30mph" should be called pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ogg. [tick off on your printed list as you go.]

You do not do anything to the data.chk file using the ogg method.

If the ogg method does not work on N80, then you need to do the old data.chk thing. This has fewer sounds available as you're overwriting the built-in sounds of TT OS and there are not enough 'slots' for all the alerts.

I got your PM so will find all the links to all the pages and recommended s/ware (Audacity for sound, the gizmo to play with chk files, , etc.. ) & send direct.

Best of Luck. Also, try posting in the Mobiles Forum Section and see if someone with similar product knowledge can be of more use.

regards
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argggg!
'readroo' - you have posted the same question in at least three different places. Makes it really difficult for people to make coherent replies that don't overlap each other!
readroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Hi and thankyou Reply with quote

Hi and thankyou so much Hirvevarra, i will await your links to the n80 page direct and think im understanding it a little more, i just want to cahnge the bells, whistles, etc to my own made up voice recording, also it would be good to hear your own voice navigating, but i bet that would be much more complicated,

Still would be nice on how to do it all and at least i will have all the instructions, also i apologise for posting 3 times or more, but as new to this i thought i was putting in wrong posts ect..

I look forward to hearing from you direct Hirvevarra and again merry xams to you all.

Brian
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian.

Re: your apols - no worries, we all start somewhere so don't feel too bad!!

Have had advice regarding modding the data.chk file and it may be that you cannot insert your own files...this is still to be confirmed. I know how to do it and there are no definate 'will not work on N80' notices so I have asked for clarification. Rays site is the source of the necessaries, btw.

Afore I ferget, meharties, what Version & Build data.chk do you have? Oh, flip, here I go asking eejit questions! I say eejit, as I don't know whether the info you need is where I am used to finding it so cannot help you look...other than Show Version off the Change Preferences menu ( assuming Mobile works the same as Go software ).

As far as I can see ( might have answered my own question here ) just flipped to Rays site, only Versions 5.00, 5.01 & 5.02 are supported......which probably explains exactly why TTN6 will not work at present. There's no chk file to play with......All ist klar !!! You may have to content yourself with Rays or PGPSWs voice alert after all.

In one of his answer posts, Andy_P2002 gave instructions on creating sound files ( which I have now read should be 16000 for mobiles/pda & 22500 for go's apparently - true or false. who knows ). As he says, probably best not to use phone recording but get a mic and use your PC.

Viftool is the (de)compiler software for voicefiles & is so easy to use. As long as you record all the direction instrux and save to correct files, you can build a full functioning voicefile in under an hour. All procedures are here somewhere in various forms but I'll gladly find the best version to set you on your way [To Follow By PM].

regards
readroo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Hi thanx again Reply with quote

Hi, and thankyou again for your very prompt reply, i do hope it a work for me, not going to give up, but mainly thanx to you guys, anyway my full version is tomtom navigator 6
app version 6.010 (7640)
map gb v562.0

Hope thats helped and also if this does work is there any reason why i cant just use my phone for recording? its not realy an issue but will get out while sopping today and buy a microphone, as they are cheap.

Again i look forward to your reply and thanx so much.

Brian p-s do you want me to send you a copy of my data.chk file ? via your email address if that will help ? and would you want the new dat.chk file with poi warnings etc , if you no what i mean ..

cheers
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My creation......It's ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 POI stylee editor softywares and some headscratching later....
readroo has tested the modded data.chk v6.010 build 7640 loaded with his own alerts running TTN6 on a Nokia N80

Definately must remember to only use mono 16000Hz tho'

Merry Xmas
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirvevarra wrote:
My creation......It's ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 POI stylee editor softywares and some headscratching later....
readroo has tested the modded data.chk v6.010 build 7640 loaded with his own alerts running TTN6 on a Nokia N80

Definately must remember to only use mono 16000Hz tho'

Merry Xmas
Could you document the methods used? The question is going to be asked many, many times and a prepared answer would help enormously!

Merry Xmas

dizzy_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to say all the files and cam warning ogg files work on my N73 which is the same as a N80, so just bare with it
the only pro i had was when i swapped a midi file in one of me map folders.. but thats all sorted...

do i really have to pay to get the new cams or does someone eventually give a link.. if anyone can help would be much appreciated
Hirvevarra
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do a complete guide asap...but the basics are

Backup your data.chk & make a copy too.

Use POIEW not POIpatcher ( POIpatcher Polite1 (slot13) loads to Beep1 (slot1) in data.chk & you cannot do anything about it. this is 12 slots short of the mark .....hope the programmer is reading and can amend POIpatcher, as it's a great little tool. It does say that there may be compatibility issues with later version chk files, so here's the info they need!!

POIEW has 30 slots available
Load your chk file ( v6.010 ) and start inserting sounds at position 13 ( Gatso50 if PGPS or Polite1 if copy of original )

FOR TTN6 using v6.010 ( 7640 ) you should use slots 13 to 27. Would advise loading a Beep sound to position 15 as I recall TT system uses Beep3 for something and it'll confuse you if it tries to alert you by shouting SPEED CAMERA if it's an email or sms incoming to your phone ( can anyone shed more light as I don't exactly know the finer details of this )

Re - sounds
Use Audacity or similar to sort your ogg files.
This s/ware lets you load wav, mp3 or Ogg and play with them.
trim whitespace, adjust volume, I like it ( thanks to Andy_P2002 for the tip )
Ensure they are 16000Hz mono
Don't make 'em to big or it'll fail to build the chk file.
give 'em meaningful names when you save them -

POIpatcher - http://www.automated.it/ttg-poipatcher.html
POIEW - http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/poiw.html
Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I can only confirm this combination - TTN6, N80 & v6.010(7640) works.
readroo has used it & says it's fine.
I don't have mobile TT so I cannot advise any others.....
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dizzy_uk wrote:
do i really have to pay to get the new cams or does someone eventually give a link.. if anyone can help would be much appreciated

The link is to this site, so asking this on this forum is a bit of a cheek (to put it politely). Anyway, you've paid for at least a month and you can download free as many updates as occur during that time (there were three in November, two in December). Honestly, it's not worth the effort of going after free downloads - this site's administrators would very quickly stop it and £2 a month for membership is peanuts for access to the cameras.

Welcome to the site Welcome

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: