Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem loading up TTN6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem loading up TTN6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daviej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Problem loading up TTN6 Reply with quote

Hi,

Have just purchased new PDA and had to buy TTN6 as old TTN5 not compatible with windows mobile! PDA is Vodafone 1605 and has micro SD card, (kind of size you would just hate to drop for fear of never finding it again.) When I try to load up TTN6 to PDA I get an error messge when it gets to 71% on great britian, "an error occurred while writing to the file/storagecard2/greatbritain/cnode.dat.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried the usual soft reset etc and taking out card and putting back in? Could I have a duff card or is this one of those quirky things that comes with TTN6 that requires a fix?

Thanks
Vodafone 1605 TTN6 & Brodit Powered Mount (at least, I will be once I get it working!)
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a similar post to yours, can't find it at the moment, where the poster had the same problem, at 71% I believe. If I recall there was a batch of faulty DVD's.
If I can find the post I'll give you the link. Maybe you could have a look too. Two heads are better than one. :P
Daviej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been able to find this. I have emailed TT so will see if it is a faulty DVD. Why don't they just work out of the box!
Vodafone 1605 TTN6 & Brodit Powered Mount (at least, I will be once I get it working!)
NeilRitchie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I had a similar problem loading TT6 maps on to my XDAII. I moved the SD card from the XDA to a card reader. TomTom Home saw it immediately and I had no problem loading the map. Put it back in the XDA and it worked with no problems
It might be woth a try.

Post here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48556
Daviej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems this problem has TT foxed aswell, I have not been able to try the above solution as I do not have a a micro SD card reader! I have ordered one and will try when it arrives. In the mean time TT are also looking into this see response below and I continue to use tt5 on old device!!

Dear Mr Davies,

We currently cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this problem. We will send your question to our 2nd line technical department. Thank you for sending the screen dump. I will pass this onto our tech team and see what solution they have for you.

Please be patient and thank you for your query.

Kind regards,

TomTom Customer Support Team
Daviej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Over the weekend I purchased new 1GB Micro SD card and tried to load it to this, Guess what it worked, I had some problems with the application files as they had already load into my PDA from previous attempt. Once uninstalled and reloaded it works ok.

Could I of just had a duff 512mb Micro SD card, other things are loading to it OK? and there was loads of space for TTN6??
and why do these things have to be so small, it's worse than dropping your contact lense, was mini sd really to big, or even SD for that matter??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: