Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Renault Clio UV Coated Screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Renault Clio UV Coated Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Renault Clio UV Coated Screen Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if the new TT1 V2 will work in a Clio without the need for an external ariel?

I thought the new processors in the x10 and the One improved the reception and therefore no need for an expensive aerial.

Thanks
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not 'quite' the same, but I have the old TTOne which has the SirfIII chipset that is in the new version 2 device. I use it in Fords which have the heated front screens and have never had a problem, despite being told that heated screens and athermic screens (like Renaults) need an external aerial.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
Gambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
I know it's not 'quite' the same, but I have the old TTOne which has the SirfIII chipset that is in the new version 2 device. I use it in Fords which have the heated front screens and have never had a problem, despite being told that heated screens and athermic screens (like Renaults) need an external aerial.

Cheers Tommo, just debating whether to buy one. Had a Garmin i3 previously but needed an aerial.

Shouldn't be a problem in the Meriva mind :o
meestermartinho
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heated front screens like the ford dont cause the problems its the athermic ones that do. Mostly French cars.

999tommo wrote:
sivogt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an athermic windscreen on a Renault Megane and for the Go910 need to use an external antenna. I assume the Clio has the same kind of coating as the Megane.
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:

The Ford Quickclear screen (Patented by them) is NOT the same as the solar reflective screen, available as an option on new cars.

The solar reflective screen gives off a mauvish tinge (really rare in my opinion (trust me I sell used Fords)) and I use the tom tom classic in my car with a quickclear all the time with no problems.

This has been mentioned zillions of times on here before.

Cleggy
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Clio and needed the antenna for the Go700. Now I use the Navman 530 which is SirfIII like the TT1 and it has no trouble at all. So I can't vouch for the TT1 directly but I suspect it would be OK.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: