Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p7hut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 5 Reply with quote

Hi all, just wondering if I can delete individual camera's on my iPAQ 1920 using tomtom 5? For instance, I just downloaded the latest db today, the Specs cameras between j21 and j20 of the M62 are long gone but still appear on my maps, how can I manually delete them?

Cheers in advance
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, When did you last download the Speed camera Database? I installed the latest version (which came out on Friday morning) - prior to driving across the M62, through the area you mention and there were no Specs alerts at all - there are a couple of Mobiles at 70, perhaps the database you have is out of date? - Mike
p7hut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, was a newbie mistake, i had files in there that i don't think should have beem (other specs files included), so it was prolly displaying the current version and an old version of specs at the same time.

The folder is all messed up, not sure what should be in there and what shouldn't.....In the file now I have the current version of the db plus these:

traffic.dat
tmccodes.dat
poi.dat
mapinfo.dat
Great_Britain-24a02c86.mac
Great_Britain.pna
faces.dat
cnode.dat
cname.dat
cline.dat

I've removed the below files which i think must be all outdated files or files left over from when i used the consolidated version...?

pocketgps_continental.bmp
pocketgps_continental.ov2
pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2
pocketgps_uk_mobile.bmp
pocketgps_uk_mobile.ov2
pocketgps_uk_sc.bmp
pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2
pocketgps_uk_specs.bmp
pocketgps_uk_specs.ov2

Does that seem to right now? Prolly was the last 2 that were causing the specs problems...

Thanks in advance for the help, I guess after looking at the forum a little more in depth i posted this in the wrong section, apologies.....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks about right, it probably was old data that was causing the alerts - if the data is removed/ replaced with the new database you should be OK, remember if you switch the type of database you are using from consolodated to speed zoned you will have to remove the old files or you will get double warnings/ out of date warnings etc - Mike
Edit once Mike Alder topic moved to a more realistic location
mib150
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Sorry to hijack the thread, I have the same problem. I use POIedit to download the consolidated files.

Is this still the way to download the latest updates?

Thanks in advance

MIB
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a simple answer NO
POI Edit is not compatable with the site downloads, it hasn't been for quite some time.
Firstly you need to be a subscribed member to the site, then when you log in you will have access to the correct download area. Note the correct URL you need to do this is www.pocketgpsworld.com
Please do not try using the .co.uk address.
Once you have the required access to the correct area you simply chose the sat nav system type you are using, followed by the database type (Consolodated by type is still an option available for selection).
The download is supplied as a zip file, simply unzip the contents and load the camera POI files to your device - dock the device and use Windows Explorer to copy the files to the map folder (if its a TomTom based device), if not could you be more specific as to the type of sytem you are using - Mike
mib150
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike

I hadn't checked the site in a while, but your explanation covers all bases - thanks, yes I am using TomTom 5.

cheers again

MIB

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: