Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveProffitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On, iPAQ4150 and Tom Tom Software Reply with quote

Question
I have a problem when planning offline without the Bluetooth Connection. The Tom Tom Software when loaded insists on Bluetooth connection, when cancelled it just loops back to trying to get a connection. It is sometimes possible to break out of this loop but this can take a long time or a soft reset may be needed.

Tom Tom have indicated that it is probably a Fortuna Bluetooth problem as all the latest versions of the software have been loaded and this is a problem they are not aware of with other hardware combinations.

When navigating the Fortuna Bluetooth Clip On works fine.

Any advice would be helpful.

Steve Proffitt
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have replied in the following thread.
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I had exactly the same "loop" problem with tt2 bt unit and software and tt told me that there was a problem with my ipaq bluetooth driver (which they appear to be good at blaming everyone else) and not there software or receiver, i then contacted Hp and after installing the latest drivers still had the same problem.

I have since read many threads on this site which indicate that the fault seams to lie with the tt product and there ver 2.08 and 2.09.

I’m no expert but hope some one with a little more insight can assist you as i know how frustrating it is having a product that doesn’t quite work!.

For me i ditched tt2 i favour of waiting for a more stable version of a gps software to be available.

All the best
Fletch
selwonk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Connect to Bluetooth first Reply with quote

Hi

I had exactly the same user experience. It's not so much of a fault as my understanding of how it was trying to communicate

I found that it is best to ensure that the GPS settings are always switched off. That is to say that you should let TomTom turn on/off the GPS connection when it needs it. As soon as you hit the Navigator panel TomTom will try to connect - so don't go to this panel unless you need to

The other tip (especially on the iPaq 1940) is to use the Bluetooth manager to connect to the GPS device before running TomTom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: